Monday, April 15, 2013

Color Challenges!!!!!! How FUN!!!!


DAY 1 ~~ POST #2

I am completely new to blogging and to posting my crafty creations!  I really hope that I am doing this correctly!!!   :)   

Really, I am... 

Can anyone see this??   
LOL

Next up...
My other card for the 1st 2 challenges 
The Color Throwdown and 
The Play Date Cafe Nautical Breezes

I couldn't help myself with these totally cute papers... I just had to make 2!!  

SAME colors, SAME papers, SAME goodies from my previous post, but in a different layout so it cannot be in the birthday challenge.   





I just simply LOVED making this card!   

Most things were already cut, and it was just a matter of layering in a different way. 

I also used some We R Memory Keepers washi on this one.  The color is coral & I just LOVE the tile print on it!!  FAB!!!   

I made this one much more feminine for one of my girlfriends who helps to keep me sane!  
We all need friends like that, right?    :)

I hope she loves it!  

I'm going to enter it into these challenges:





So... that's it for me FABULOUS challenges this week with my FAVE colors of the BEACH SEASON!!!  Can you just feel my excitement!!!  

Here are a few pics to show that I am not joking about my LOVE for these colors:  

Our family aprons are from Anthropologie and they are navy, mint, & coral!  



& here is a quick peek at some of the beach clothes the girls will be taking this summer!  






YEP, I am HEAD over HEELS for the TRENDSETTER paper stack and CANNOT wait to SCRAP those PICS!!!   HAPPY MONDAY everyone!!!  

Thanks for stopping by!!!

This is my first blog & I'm very excited!!!

<<<<<<MORE TO COME>>>>>>


20 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, have fun with your blog I don't see a soup can yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kim, that must be you!!! :) :) :) Yes, thankfully all of my friends are healthy here in the south! Hope you had a GREAT time visiting Charlotte!!! :) :) :) Thanks for popping by! I'm so glad you did!! xo

      Delete
  2. Another great creation! LOOOOOVE the addition of the washi tape! Thanks so much for joining us for The Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tammy! I thought the washi was just screaming to be used!! I loved it on this card!! Thanks for the kind words and for popping back to see my 2nd card! :) :) :) I loved this challenge so much!!

      Delete
  3. Awesome card! Love all the layers! Thanks for playing at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Donna!! I was such a great inspiration board, I just couldn't resist! Thanks for coming by to see my cards!! :) :) :)

      Delete
  4. I just love the layering and the tape on this one, Nicole! Your choice of color for beach wear/photo ops is exceptional!!! LOL! I'm so glad you played along twice!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Broni!! I am just as obsessed about the girls' clothes as I am about paper crafts and patterned paper!! LOL I guess you could say that I just LOVE DESIGN & COLOR!!! My 2 fave things! I'm so glad that you checked out my 2nd card!! :) :) :)

      Delete
  5. This is a fantastic card, Nicoole! Saw your shout out on The Color Throwdown and had to come check it out. Love your 'proof' photos, too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elizabeth! :) :) I'm so glad that you did stop by & gave some blog love! It's so nice when we do that for each other!! :) :) :) The "proof" photos were also for a friend of mine, Michelle who jokes with me about my love for color! I always have a "theme" for different events & I love to coordinate! :) :)

      Delete
  6. Ooooh, I love all the layers on this beauty and what a great idea to use the washi tape....this is awesome, Nicole!!! Thanks for playing with us again at the Color Throwdown!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! LOVE the washi tape!!! :) :) :) It just gives it that finishing touch!! :) :)
      I'll see you next time @ the Color Throwdown!! :) :) :) Thanks for the blog love!

      Delete
  7. Reeeeeally beautiful card! Love it! Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Denise!!! :)) I'm so glad you liked it!! :)) The whole project just made me smile & that's what it's all about!!! :)) I'll see you soon @ the Color Throwdown!! :))

      Delete
  8. Thank you for stopping by with the sweet comment! Welcome to the blog world! You already look right at home! Have fun and see you around!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing the link to your blog Nicole! This is awesome. I may have to try this as well :) Your card is fabulous. I love the layering and the colors and of course the washi tape (I'm semi-obsessed with it)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU, Tina!! :) :) I'm so glad that you came over to check it out!!! I completely agree about the washi tape!!! I am thinking of figuring a way to convert a wall ribbon holder that I have (but is not yet hung up & has been in a closet for years...LOL) into a WALL WASHI HOLDER!!!! Wouldn't that be FAB!!!!!!! I know they have desk dispensers, etc... but my tables are prime real estate for working & I don't leave many things on them! :) :) :) Hope to see you around soon!!

      Delete
  10. LOVE this, Nicole! That Trend Setter paper is so fabulous! You have a great eye for color and detail:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to write me a note!!!
~~Nicole~~