Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Friday Mashup "Mail It" Challenge #106

Hi there!
Today I have a card for a challenge featuring a color and a theme
from the FRIDAY MASHUP #106.
I wanted this to look like a post office package from back in the day w/ all of the fun stamps that would indicate how it was getting to its recipient: air mail, fragile, etc...

Hope you like my fun take on a package sent in the mail:


Here is the inspiration photo for the "mail it" part of the challenge. 

And here are the colors:

"Sahara Sand, Perfect Plum & Wisteria Wonder"




 Stamps sets that I used from Stampin' Up

& one from UNITY stamp co. 

It was a quick and fun card to create with just some ink & stamps. 
I didn't use any die cuts like I usually do for my projects w/ lots of layering, etc...
I wanted this to look like a post office package & those need to be flat.


Thanks for looking!!! 
:) :) :)  
Comments are welcome and make my day!!!
(especially today because I have a migraine)



Supplies:
stampin up stamp sets pictured
stampin up ink pictured
unity stamp co. happy mail stamp 
sahara sand cardstock
tan/white baker's twine (michael's)
2 pretty plum pearls (michael's)


16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim!! :)) :)) I'm happy w/ how it turned out! I don't usually like plain & simple cards... But, I am trying to challenge myself more each day. :))

      Delete
  2. This looks great. Proves a card doesn't have to be bold and bright to look cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Baker!!! :)) I'm so glad that you popped over to my blog & left me some blog love!!! :)) xo

      Delete
  3. Fun! Love the addition of the "happy mail day" stamp. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heidi! :) :) :) I really liked the mash-up aspect of the challenge!! :) :)

      Delete
  4. Very fun card!! Thanks for sharing the colours too...I was at a loss, as I don't have these colours. Will have to figure out what to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Paru!! :) :) I'm so glad that you liked it!! :) :) I think if you have a greyish lavender and a plum then you will be good to go! :) :)

      Delete
  5. I just read your profile...our lives seem similar, except that my kids are older..15 and 10, so i get the whole day to craft!! My husband too is extremely supportive and I teach kids craft to support my crafting habit. I too started my blog 2 years ago on new years day with much trepidation!!!
    Crafting is food for my soul...I can forget the world around me..food and drink included!!
    Good luck in your crafting endeavours!!! God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that is really cool!! :) :) I'll have to check out your blog/profile, too! :) :)
      I just started blogging this month & I started stamping in January! It's so great for relaxing me at the end of the day! I love making new paper crafts!! :) :) :) Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love new visitors!! :) :)

      Delete
  6. Hey nicole
    I have linked you blog in my post...thanks for your inspiration!!
    http://www.parusperceptions.com/2013/04/sending-love-in-mail.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so honored!! Thank you!! :)) :))

      Delete
  7. Love the twine accent! A great card for anyone! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michelle!! :)) Getting happy mail is fun!! :))

      Delete
  8. Great card Nicole! You did make a card with the look of the post office package with all the stamps you used. I love it! Thanks for playing along with us at the Friday Mashup this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lili :) :) I'm glad you liked it! :) :)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to write me a note!!!
~~Nicole~~