Monday, April 29, 2013

My Favorite Things -- Wednesday Stamp Club Sketch Challenge --MFTWSC121

Today's card is from last Wednesday when the challenge was posted for the Wed Stamp Club on the MFT blog.
I am just now getting to to post this card & I am giving it to my daughter's student teacher tomorrow!!  YAY!!!   :) :) :) 
She taught them a plants/seeds unit for her student teaching, so I thought this PI Little Gardener by MFT would be perfect for her.  She will be moving on to other classrooms & we are "rooting for her" to get a good job when she graduates! 

Here's the sketch from the Wednesday Stamp Club


I stamped PI little gardener onto Xpress blending card and colored her up with copics.
I added shading with General's pastel chalk pencils to add more depth.
I used patterned paper from: DCWV Sunday Afternoon &
My Mind's Eye The Sweetest Thing

Card stock: Hollyhock (CTMH)
Pool Party (SU!)

I used the Roses & Leaves die-namics from MFT to die cut a flower from my patterned paper. 
I added a yellow epoxy dot from teresa collins to the center for some added color.
I wrapped the card with some hemp cord and layered all of my pieces together.

At the bottom of the card, I used the wonky scallop border from MFT & for the sentiment I used a piece from die-namics Blueprints 2 w/ the cut & re-cut method until it was the length that I wanted.
The sentiment "rooting for you" comes with PI Little Gardener and I used kraft ink from MFT.

I was pretty happy with how it turned out, except for the hair.  I tried to make it a little darker here and there to be more like my daughter, but I get carried away & covered most of her highlights.
Ah, well ~~~ live & learn!! 

Thanks for looking!!
:) :) :) :) 
Have a great day!!


Copics used:
skin: E00, E11, R20
hair: E31, E35, E47, E57
 shirt: R22, R32, R43
plant: G43, YG06
overalls: BG10
boots: Y32
flower pot: E15 & E18
dirt: N5 & E47

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Lora!! :)) :)) So glad you found my new blog!!! :)) thanks for visiting!! :))

      Delete
  2. Really cute! I still can't believe you have been using copics for just a short time! You do an amazing job!!! Love this stamp as well as the bee on your other card. I will definitely have to purchase some MFT stamps! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tina!! You know what..??! I did the bee after this card -- (I just didn't get to post this one until today) -- I learn a little bit more each day. :)) Like the lesson of the hair... Lol
      Thanks for what you said!!
      Means so much!! :)) :))

      Delete
  3. Oh, I like that sketch! Nice card, I think your papers and colors look great together and love the little handmade flower in the corner, nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you!! I love that you came by for a visit today!! :)) :))

      Delete
  4. This is absolutely adorable, Nicole and it is the perfect image and sentiment for the recipient too! I know she will cherish it! Beautiful colouring and I love the papers and colours...cute flower and I love it with the Wonky Scallop!
    Thanks for joining us for the MFT Wednesday Stamp Club!
    Hugs,t

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tara, sooooo much!!! What kind words!!! Thank you, I'm beaming right now!! (Smiling ear to ear!!) -- ;))

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. :)) :)) Pure innocence -- super cute & sweet images!! They don't look like my girls because my girls have super long hair like me -- but, these images are just such a joy!!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to write me a note!!!
~~Nicole~~