Friday, April 19, 2013

Paper Players & Sweet Stop Challenges (color & sketch)

Hi there!

Today will be a super quick post because I am trying to make a linky deadline for the Paper Players color challenge #141...!!!!  OH MY!!   Last night I saw this challenge & I LOVE COLOR challenges so it's no wonder that I decided to drop everything & get INKY!!  :) :)    I wanted to make lots of fun layers so I found this sketch challenge from The Sweet Stop and it was the PERFECT combination of elements that I wanted on my card!   HURRAH for great sketches!!!  I was able to use ALL NEW PRODUCTS in this challenge which made it even more fun for me!



I started with Island Indigo cardstock and made a 5x7 card base.  Then I added a Very Vanilla mat for some depth and then 1 more mat with the Island Indigo stripe which I added later after I was done making the fun 2 layer scalloped border!  


I had a SPIROGRAPH when I was a kid and these fun doilies remind me of making art on my Spirograph!!  :) :) :)   GOOD TIMES!!  :) :) :) 

TIME TO STAMP!!!  

I used Taylored Expressions "make it memorable" stamp set which is their stamp of the month for March.  I also used 2 different sets from Unity Stamp Co.  One was the doily background stamp called, "doodled doilies" and the other was a 3 piece set called, "Bella Doilies."   
All new rubber running around my craft room today!!

I used Crumb Cake (SU!) ink to stamp the background to the tag, then I die cut it w/ Taylored Expressions brand new Tag Stacklets 1 (the 2nd largest for the tag & largest for the island indigo mat).  I tied a bit of crumb cake/rich razzleberry twine (from Michael's) to the tag and made a bow.  

Next, I stamped the smallest doily from the "Bella Doilies" set (These are HUGE lovely doilies if you haven't see the set before!)  w/ Rich Razzleberry (SU!) ink and FUSSY cut (I just love that term!)  it out to layer with the other pieces.  I added a scalloped mat from Rich Razz cardstock that I used a spellbinders nestie to cut out on my big shot.
 Then I used, Baja Breeze (SU!) ink to stamp the doily from TE "make it memorable" and die cut it out w/ it's matching die!   
YAY for matching DIES!!!!!

The sentiment and the frame around it were stamps and they also have a MATCHING DIE!!!  Hurray!!!   I stamped in Island Indigo (SU!) for the frame and the sentiment and die cut w/ my big shot. 

The gorgeous butterfly was also stamped in Island Indigo and die cut with a die from the set. 
Love when things come together!!

I added some pearls from Kaiser.
Bliss (pale blue color) & Plum to the centers of the doily and on the sentiment frame.
They make me smile!  
I love a little extra shine on cute things, I mean who doesn't like shiny new things???!!  :) :) :)
I KNOW I DO!!

Here is a close-up of the layers:
I used a TON of foam tape to bump up my pieces for some fun dimension!!!  :) :) :)  



After that I began to work on the border.   I die cut some RICH RAZZLE cardstock w/ the smallest die in a new set of 3 dies from My Favorite Things called, "Open Simply Scallops Trio"

After I cut out 2 of those and layered them to be long enough for my 5x7 card, I added some crumb cake colored scallop ribbon from Michael's to finish the border. 


Once the border was complete, I attached/layered all mats with ribbons, etc... to the base. 
I used scor-tape to attach my jumbo cute tag to the card. 

My 2 favorite parts to this card were:
1. Making my own pattern paper w/ crumb cake ink  (what a great neutral color!!)
2.  Layering all of the fun coordinating stamps from TE and mixing them in with a little Unity goodness.

OK>>>>>> That wasn't quick at all, was it???

So...What do you think?  
How did I do on this challenge?
:))  :))   
I am brand new to blogging my crafty goodies so any feedback would be lovely!

Thanks much 
& have a GREAT DAY!!!


HERE ARE THE LINKS TO THE CHALLENGES:





Thanks for stopping by and I do hope that you leave a comment ~~ all thoughts, advice, and opinions are welcome!  I read them all & love the bloggy love notes!!

14 comments:

  1. So glad you jumped on the Paper Players bandwagon with this awesome creation! I love all your elements....I remember the spirograph too! :D Thanks for sharing this with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, LeAnne! I made it by the skin of my teeth!! So happy to play along w/ you guys!! :))

      Delete
  2. Oh Wow! Loving this one! The colors are gorgeous and love the layers and the scalloped borders! I love mixing TE with Unity as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Tina!! :) :) I have to admit that besides washi and patterned paper, I am HIGHLY addicted to stamps that have matching dies!! :) :) :) We all want to stamp some FAB art, but who wants to cut all day??? Not this girl!!! lolol But... on that note, I actually am doing a paper-piecing challenge right now... hee hee!! Cutting has a time and a place, but if there is a die for the job, even BETTER!!!! :) :) ;)

      Delete
  3. Oh yes Spirograph, how I loved that toy..I would spend literally hours making designs and colouring them in! Beautiful card Nicole, you rocked the challenges, I'd say!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laurie for the sweet words!! :) :) :) I'm so glad you remember that toy, too!! It was one of MY FAVES!!! I have a feeling it was my mom's fave too because it kept me so busy and quiet!!! ;) ;) LOLOL

      Delete
  4. I love your take on the sketch! Pretty card! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sweet Stop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marlena!! :)) It was a great sketch & I was trying to use my new tag dies!!! :)) So it was perfect!!

      Delete
  5. Popped over from facebook and..wow..how gorrrgeous that is!!
    Hugs
    Tracy
    Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tracy!! You are such a sweetie!! :))
      I love that we can see each other's work on FB & blogger!! :))

      Delete
  6. Oh you need to get a follow button so I can follow you.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks to you I have one!!! I'm so glad you told me it was missing!!!!

      Delete
  7. I had a Spirograph too and I loved it! This is so pretty, Nicole! I just love all the layers and dimension. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anne Marie!!! I loved the colors so it was fun!! :)) :))

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to write me a note!!!
~~Nicole~~