Sunday, April 21, 2013

Rainy Day Fhiona ~~ YNS/Sweetest Thing/Pink Elephant Challenges

Hi there, crafty peeps!!!
I'm back with a SUPER YUMMY card and 3 challenges!!!

(There's even a surprise at the end!)

This week I have been baking, I mean stamping, in my craft room & I have a tasty treat for you!!
It's my "Rainy Day Fhiona" cookie!!  
YUMMERS!!!!

My inspiration for this card came from the picture chosen by YNS for Tasty Tuesday.  The colors, the sweetness of the image, & of course, the cookie shape!   I needed a FAB sketch to go with my circle idea and I was lucky to find this amazing sketch from Karen @ The Sweetest Thing ~~Sweet Sunday #182.  What's the sweetest thing this Sunday, you ask?  Hopefully, it's my yummy cookie!!!   ;)

Pink Elephant #195 was showcasing paper piecing and I knew that I would be paper piecing her outfit & umbrella from some patterned paper.   It was a match made in HEAVEN, I mean my oven, I mean my craft room.   :) :) :)  

Can you see that I am excited about this?!!?   LOL
I love when all of the pieces fall into place ~~ paper pieces, that is!!  ;)

Fhiona reminds me so much of my younger daughter, I just love working with her image!   I could look at her all day long!!   :) :)  You can capture her cuteness right here:  YNS site


Isn't she just precious in her matchy-matchy Gymboree inspired ensemble??   I love aqua, icy blue & brown together so when I saw the tasty inspiration photo, I knew that I had to play along!!!

Colors, check!
Sweet image, check!
Great sketch, check!


NOW ON TO THE PAPER PIECING...


These are the things that I paper pieced over the stamped image that was colored with copics.
Layer 1 ~~ Raincoat, boots, umbrella base, headband
Layer 2 ~~Umbrella handle, umbrella panels, & the star on headband,
pockets, collar,  & wrist patches on raincoat
Layer 3 ~~ her right hand over the umbrella handle! 

OMGeeee, that's a LOT of tiny!!

But, WAIT!!!

There's MORE!!  
I also decided to finish the inside of the card...
Are you ready to take a peek...?


You are about to ask yourself... Did she paper piece that mini Fhiona, too?!?
You can bet your bottom dollar that I did!!!  :) :) :)

Here are some pics:





Here are the layers:
Stamped image colored w/copics
Layer 1~~ Raincoat, boots, umbrella base, headband
Layer 2 ~~ Umbrella panels, the star on headband,
pockets & collar on raincoat.
PHEW!

Supplies:
Sentiment stamp:  Unity Stamp Co. 
Honey bee scissors, magnifying glass, tweezers, ottlite, copics, scotch glue runner, quickstik,
patterned paper: rainy day papers 12x12 from my scrapbooking stash, 
polka dot 12x12 dsp in pool party (stampin'up)
cardstock: chocolate lover's (core'dinations) & the sweet stack (DCWV)
cookie cutter: spellbinders nesties big scalloped circle
the 2 mini pearls are from the BON BON collection (doodlebug)
and what color ink?  HOT FUDGE, of course!  YUMMY! (MFT)

Copics:
E00, E11, & R20 skin
E31, E35, & E57 hair

So...what do you think?  :) :) 
I just made the jump from scrapbooking to card making in January and it's been CRAZY FUN!!
(I got my Copics the first week in April and I am still learning, be kind on my coloring, pretty please :) :)
All comments are welcome & I thank you for your feedback!!

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim!! :)) :)) I'm so glad you liked it!! :))

      Delete
  2. So cute! Another great color combination. Perfect for the month of April and all it's showers. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michelle!! :)) :)) Exactly!! I really have spring on the brain!! :))

      Delete
  3. That is SUPER CUTE! Love how you finished off the inside with the matching mini!!!! Thank you so much for joining us for our YNS Tasty Tuesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karen!!!! I just LOVE the fhiona images!!! So glad you liked it!! :)) :))

      Delete
  4. Wow! That is super cute! I cannot believe that u cut out all of those TINY TINY pieces, omg! Even using tweezers to hold them I don't know if I'd have a steady enough hand to do it. The front was amazing, but the inside blew my mind. The little collar and pockets are extremely small. Idk how u did it! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You!! :)) Just moving very slowly & with really sharp scissors!! :)) :))

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to write me a note!!!
~~Nicole~~