Friday, April 26, 2013

Teacher Appreciation Week -- Part 1

Today's project is for my daughter's first grade student teacher. 
She is having her going away party today after being with the children in first grade this quarter. 
I made garden stakes to put in the potted plants that the class is giving her at her party. 
My friend & neighbor, Heather, was in charge of the potted plants & basket. 
(I had the super easy job!  Thanks, Heather!!)


(I need to apologize in advance for the pics today!)
When Heather popped by on her way to take the basket to school, I realized that I hadn't taken any pics!   That's so unlike me!  I usually take pics the entire time that I am working!
So... I had 3 minutes to set up, take pics, and get her back on her way to school w/the basket!
Not my best staging of a gift!   

We moved the signs around a bunch of times, but didn't get them exactly were we wanted them!
But, I can assure you, she told me that she would fix all of the cute little signs when she got to the school building, so that made me feel better!   
I also forgot to take close-ups of the little garden stakes in bright lighting which I really regret because I had added just a little bling and sparkle to them which I can't see in these pics...
Ah, c'est la vie!
Better luck next time, Nicole!! 


Here is a quick and easy way to jazz up a bouquet, add some sentiment w/ a sweet message or just make it more festive for a party.  

It was SUPER FAST! 
From start to finish it only took me an hour to make all 3!
I stamped, colored, die cut the shapes, applied the straws to the back w/scor-tape, added another die cut for the background, and added some sparkle to the front w/ gelly roll pen


This is a project that anyone could do @ home and get the kiddies to help!
They would LOVE to color those stamps for their teacher and it just gives it that personal touch. 
Nowadays it's all about the gift card (which I buy, too!!)
but, it's so nice to add something a little homemade to go with it.  
I hope that you enjoyed my project today!  


Materials:

Stamps of your choice
Ink/markers to color
card stock (color to match flowers)
paper straws
foam squares or circles (the thick ones!)
scor-tape or sticky strip
mini glue dots
hemp cord 
big shot/die cutting machine

If you have any questions, you can ask them in the comments section
or feel free to email me.

There will be more posts about teacher appreciation coming soon...
HAVE  A LOVELY DAY!
<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>


Here's what I used today for my project:
Stamps: Unity Stamp Co. (let love grow) & close to my heart (buzz and bumble)
Ink: memento tuxedo black
gumball green (SU!)
daffodil delight (SU!)
Card stock: daffodil delight (SU!)
Tools: spellbinders nesties 
big shot machine
scor-tape
super thick adhesive circles (recollections)
mini glue dots
hemp cord
paper straws are from Shop Sweet Lulu
copics to color the black stamped images

6 comments:

  1. Super Super cute and you gave me an idea......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim!! I can't wait to see what you come up with... :) :) :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful Nicole!!!! Truly gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I know she will truly appreciate you taking the time to make such sweet garden stakes! As always, this is great inspiration and as we know, Mother's Day is just around the corner! You've got me thinking...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tina!! :) :) :) I'm so glad to hear it!! :) :)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to write me a note!!!
~~Nicole~~