Tuesday, April 30, 2013

"The Sun'll Come Out..." -- Sunshine Week Part 1

Hi there!
This week I am sharing 2 cards that I made around the theme of "sunshine."
The Friday Mashup hostess this week, Amanda, said that the card should light up the face of the recipient, so I designed my cards with 2 different people in mind.
I had so many ideas, but decided to stop @ 2 because teacher appreciation week is next week and I need to get my crafting mojo into gear for that!!  ;) ;)
(check back this week for teacher appreciation gift ideas & goody bags)

The recipient of my first card has been having a hard time lately and needs a little "sunny" surprise in her mailbox.
She is also a HUGE fan of show tunes, so this card was a must.
Now I know that the colors aren't "sunny" and I personally only like super bright colors...
But, she prefers black and red...so I went to Michael's and picked up a new paper pad
from My Mind's Eye just for this card.
I used a Kraftin' Kimmie stamp on this card and so I am linking up w/ her challenge for the week which was to use a form of embossing.  I did just that w/ cherry cobbler embossing powder from stampin' up.  The music notes were hand drawn and then embossed with the cherry cobbler powder to go with the cherry cobbler card stock that I used as a card base.  Yum, yum, that 's a lot of cobbler!  ;)

She makes me smile & I don't even like red! LOL
Hopefully, you can see that her "sunny" personality overcomes any issues with the colors choices.
:) :) :)

Here is the inspiration pic:


I stamped Little Orphan Annie on Xpress It card and colored her up w/copics.
I fussy cut her out, popped her up on a dimensional, added embossed music notes and the sentiment that comes w/ the stamp to some very fun patterned paper from My Mind's Eye.
I added a little wood embellishment from CTMH and she was all set.
Off to the mailbox she goes...

Hopefully, the sun'll come out for my friend when she receives this card!!

Thanks for looking!!

Copics used:
Skin E00, E11, R20
Dress R46
Hair: YR12, YR15, YR68, Y38, R46, & E18
Shoes: 100

16 comments:

  1. Love your choice of background papers with the sunshine rays... very nice with the sentiment. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun card! Love it! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this one too! You did a great job on her hair! Love the background paper (I have it too!)and I think it looks great with Annie because she really stands out against it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tina!! :) :) I was surprised how many great pages there were in there!! Lots of beautiful neutrals. :0) It was money well spent. :) :)

      Delete
  4. I love this one Nicole. The red pops.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, like I said before, I think this card is awesome! I love, love, love the musical notes, may have to ummm..."borrow" this idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amanda!!! Feel free to borrow away!! :)) :))

      Delete
  6. Great card! Now I totally have that song stuck in my head too and will be dancing around like the cast of 'Annie' all night LOL Your little redhead is adorable!

    Thanks for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa!! Sorry about the song stuck in your head... Lol I've been singing it for 2 days straight... Lol ;))

      Delete
  7. Oh my giddy aunt how adoreable your card is and now sitting here humming along Nicole..loooove it!!
    Hugs
    Tracy
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yayyyyyyy!!! That was the effect that I was going for!!! I know that you are having a sad day & I wanted to cheer you up!!!! :)) :)) Hope it did the trick!!! Xo

      Delete
  8. Great card! I love the embossed music notes, that's awesome. Thanks for playing along with our KKS challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angie!! :)) It was a fun challenge!! :))

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to write me a note!!!
~~Nicole~~