Friday, April 26, 2013

The Sweetest Thing: Sweet Sunday Sketch 182



So... I was right in the middle of making an owl card for my younger daughter when she came in and said, "mom, watcha doing?"
I said, "I'm making you a cute owl card, but you can't see it yet."
And she said, "But, moooooooooooommm, I don't wanna owl card today.  I like that bee."
(She saw my new order from My Favorite Things)
So, guess what that means?
The owl materials are in a pile & I'm working on a bee card...LOL  :) :) :)
Here it is... "Sweet As Can Bee" by: My Favorite Things
& the first official favorite stamp of my 5 year old!




Here's the FABULOUS sketch that I LOVE and will come back to again & again for PI, doodle garden and most any little critters that I would like to showcase on the card.
I love working with these clean lines!

Here's what I did...

I stamped Sweet as Can Bee on Xpress It blending card w/tuxedo black 
and used pointillism to color her up w/copics.
I then used some General's pastel chalk pencils to add a little more shading here and there.
I fussy cut her out and cut off the wings, OUCH!  (sorry, baby bee!!)
I stamped her again on acetate w/stazon black and added a healthy dose of 
stickles to her wings to dry overnight. 
While that was drying and I should have been sleeping... I cut some of the shapes for the front of the card.  I ran 2 pieces through the big shot for texture.  The background hexagon and the background center trim piece.  The large hexagon embossing folder is from stampin' up and the smaller hexagon pattern border folder is from cuttlebug.  

Layering, layering, layering, was next.
The next day, when the wings were dry, I fussy cut them out of the acetate and left a connecting piece between the wings so that I would have something to stick my scor tape to and it wouldn't be noticeable from the front or the sides.  I used scor tape to affix the outline image of her wings and part of her trunk to her back.  I also pressed her wings slightly forward to help her seem to "jump off the page."  :) :) :) 

After all of the layering, I grabbed my open hexagon die-namics by MFT to die cut out 2 pieces of honeycomb where I wanted to put my sentiment.  I used scor tape on the back of the hexagons to keep the centers in place.
I used kraft ink by MFT to stamp, "hi, honey" which comes w/ sweet as can bee. 

I added a golden yellow jute bow and 2 tan enamel dots & called it a day!
There she is in all her sweet glory!!! 
Love that little BEE!!


Supplies:
Stamps: Sweet As Can Bee (MFT)
Ink: Kraft (MFT)
Die-namics: Open Hexagon Borders (MFT)
Card stock: Bazzill
Papers: My Mind's Eye
Enamel dots: My Mind's Eye
Scor-Tape
acetate
tuxedo black and stazon black
Xpress it blending card
General's pastel chalk pencils
Copics

Copics used:
E00, E11, R20
E31, E35, E57
Y08, Y26, Y28, Y35
W5 & 100

Thanks for looking & I hope that you have a GREAT day!!
:) :) :) :) 

8 comments:

  1. Wow nicole this is an awesome card beeeutiful:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!!! :) :) :) I love that you said, "bee-utiful"!! LOL I'll have to tell my daughter that one!! :) :) :)

      Delete
  2. What an adorable bee! =) The sparkle on the wings is the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michelle!! :)) :)) I just love her!! I'm so glad it was for my daughter, I wouldn't want to give her away!! ;)) :))

      Delete
  3. Oh my that is stunning and totally adoreable...loved reading your post!!
    You have made my day!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!!! :)) :)) Happy Dance!!! :)) :))

      Delete
  4. Nicole, she is just adorable!!! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenn!!! I appreciate you stopping by!!! :) :) :) I told my girls that the artist checked out my bee card and they were just as excited as I was!! :) :) :)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to write me a note!!!
~~Nicole~~