Monday, April 22, 2013

"You Are My Sunshine" ~~ Color Throwdown #238 & Deconstructed #98


Hello Everyone!


Today I made a card for my older daughter who is a morning person (which I am not!) with her favorite color yellow.   It didn't take long for me to start calling her sunshine and my night owl daughter (who just happens to love owls!) moonlight because of their fave colors:
Sunshine loves yellow
& Moonlight loves blue.
Kind of funny, right?   

Here are a few of my new "sunshine" stamps!   
She hasn't seen any of these yet & I was excited to use one for this challenge!! 

This week the Color Throwdown was featuring a lovely color combo based off of a peacock shoe. (I won't even begin to tell you about my obsession with anything peacock and my peacock themed Christmas tree!)  No, I just won't do it!  ;)  


Back to the challenge:
I used this sketch from Deconstructing Jen



And so without further ado ~~ here is my card for my sunshine:


I absolutely LOVED this challenge!
I think that whenever I make something for one of my daughter's extra love
just somehow gets poured in!!  :) :) :) 
I tried not to use too much of the black because she is only 7 and I wanted to keep it young and perky!! :) :) :)  I even covered the black button with a yellow enamel dot just to keep the colors bright!  :) :)   I like how it turned out!   I will be trying more enamel dots in buttons from time to time!  It makes a great center to the flower!  :) :) :)   

Here's the inside:


& a close-up of the words:


HERE's the RECIPE:

Stamps ~~ Taylored Expressions: Happy Heart
Taylored Expressions: Simple Greetings
Dies ~~ Taylored Expressions: Simple Tabs
Spellbinders Labels Three
Inks ~~ Daffodil Delight (stampin' up) & mustard seed (distress ink)
Black (close to my heart)
Cardstock ~~ Daffodil Yellow (stampin' up)
Paper ~~ Fancy Pants Park Bench 6x6 and mat stack
Flower ~~ Fancy Pants
Yellow enamel dot in center of flower~~ My Mind's Eye for Studio Calico
Black pearls ~~ Queen & Co. (nightfall)
Black ribbon ~~ Taylored Expressions


Thank you so much for stopping by!! I am still celebrating my first week as a NEW BLOGGER!! 
Feel free to leave me a comment below...
It would make my day that much sweeter!!  
THANK YOU!!

8 comments:

  1. Love it Nicole! I don't have those stamps or the tab die yet. Looks like I might need to do some TE shopping.. If you have an owl card for your nightowl daughter I'd love to see that (I have the TE owl dies and stamps)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tina!! That's a great idea!! :) :) I can try to have an owl card up later this week!! :) :) :)

      Delete
  2. Fabulous! Just the right amount of sunshine and black I think. Perfect perkiness. =) Looking forward to seeing a moonlight card soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Michelle! You got it!! I'll try to have my owl creation up this week. :)) :))

      Delete
  3. Both are very beautiful cards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim!! :)) The 2nd pic is actually the inside of the card. I've been trying to finish the inside of the card more and more these days when I can and when I have the ideas. :) :) :)

      Delete
  4. Ok so this one is my fav. I love the color scheme yellow and grey is always amazing. Plus I sing this to my oldest daughter it's "our song". I also love that you mix prints and it all just works so well together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Baker!! It's just like playing w/ the fabrics at the fabric store, right? We just browse until something pops out at us and then we go from there. :) :) I love that you had time to browse my blog today!! :) :)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to write me a note!!!
~~Nicole~~