Sunday, May 19, 2013

another year wiser --TSG207 -- FMS86

Happy Sunday to YOU!!
My happy healthy mojo is back, which is much appreciated!
 I finally feel like myself again!!  Woo hoo!!!  
Two cards finished today which means I get to start something NEW!

Here's the first one for the There She Goes "Moving On" challenge and I used a 
sketch by Amy from Freshly Made Sketches.   It's for challenge #86.

This card is for my daughter who is "moving on" in school.  She will be leaving kindergarten and going into the "big" grades like her sister!  She is so excited to have SPELLING next year!  Her FAVE subject!  (It was mine, too!!)  On this card she is depicted at recess in the Carolina red clay which she brought home from school for the first week or so until she learned that I do NOT LIKE red clay in my car or house!  She now plays on the blacktop!  ;) ;) ;)  

Here's the sketch

Hope you like my little smarty pants!
Thanks for looking!! 

Supplies:
Stamp set: Smarty Pants by TSG
Die: Vertical Frame die-namics by MFT (but I did cut the tab off)
Ink: Blu Raspberry by MFT
Card stock: a-muse studio Mermaid
& cream card stock by recollections
Paper: My Mind's Eye "My Girl"
& Echo Park "So Happy Together"
Liquid Glass on her glasses by CTMH
Colored w/ copics

16 comments:

  1. Oh she's adorable - perfect colouring and gorgeous colours in your DSP make this a lovely card! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those papers, the colors are really pretty and the plaid makes me think of a catholic girl uniform! And her hair color is pretty too, good job with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute Nicole! This is such a cute little image...love her outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks, Tina!! :) :) You know I couldn't go a day or 2 without making a card with aqua... LOL!! :) :) :)

      Delete
  4. What a cute girl! And she's colored so beautifully. Great take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy!!! I thought your sketch was cool! :) :) :)

      Delete
  5. Well this is just the sweetest card! I love the plaid background and that sentiment is just perfect for your daughter's journey through school! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jen!! :) :) :) It was a clean and simple sketch, which I LOVE!!! :) :)

      Delete
  6. Oh My Goodness! I love this card! Everything about it. The girl is so cute and reminds me of my Librarian days, lol. The colors and patterns, the layout, the sentiment, they are all fabulous! Thanks for sharing this Nicole!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like her, Michelle!! :) :) :) I didn't know you were a librarian... Shannon never told me that!! LOL ~~ you would fit right in with my family! We are a bunch of bookworms!!! :) :) :)

      Delete
  7. I love her little sweater vest!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to write me a note!!!
~~Nicole~~