Sunday, May 5, 2013

Feel Better Soon -- Pop-up Gift Card Holder


Hi there!
I wanted to share an idea on how you can jazz up the typical gift card.
Here is a pop-up gift card holder that I made for a friend who had a recent brain surgery.
I couldn't bring her a meal because she lives too far away, so I sent this Panera gift card instead.

*****ETA(edited to add) I am linking up with Moxie Fab World challenge for this week because they are featuring gift card holders!!!  MY FAVE kind of fun paper project!!!  LOVE it!!!******




The gift card holder has a cute belly band to hold it closed that you can embellish w/whatever you'd like.  I chose to use some punches, patterned paper, ribbon, and a button.

I got the idea for this gift card holder from this tutorial:
All of the measurements and details are on the video, so please do check it out!
It's a good one!!

I'm going to make a few of these w/ a coffee theme for the ladies @ school for teacher appreciation week.  I'll post pics tomorrow when they are done.  :) :) :)

Here are the stamps that I used:

Paper Smooches: Healthy Vibes stamp set  (the bandaid & the phrase)
Scrappy Moms Stamps: Dancing in Circles 1 (the round sentiment)

All of the patterned paper, card stock, ribbon, button, and ink are from Stampin' Up with the exception of the light orange stripe inside of the gift card holder which is from DCWV.

Hope this helps inspire you to add a little pizazz to your gift card giving!!

I am entering this pop-up gift card holder into the 
Paper Smooches Sparks Anything Goes challenge for this week because 
anything goes is time for some FUN!! 



Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!  
They make my day sweet & sunny!!

13 comments:

  1. Great idea Nicole! Love it! I have never made a gift card holder but I'll definitely give this a shot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! You should for sure!! It's not too hard, it comes together so nicely and that makes it so much more personal! :) :) :) I love to choose my papers based on the gift card itself or the recipient's favorite colors!! :) :) :)

      Delete
  2. That is a great card Nicole!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am LOVING your Cute card!! Such a FUN take on the Challenge!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great idea and I will def have to try it out as my nephews are all to the age now where all they want are gift cards or cash for their birthdays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's super fun to make and people LOVE them!!! :) :) :)

      Delete
  5. Hey Nicole! Thanks for linking this up to the Gift Card Holder Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great idea, the grandsons love gift cards. (They think it is their own personal credit card...without a limit!) Love the colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorrrrgeous Nicole!!! Wishing your friend a speedy recovery. Xcxc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tracy!! :) :) :) xoxo
      She's fully recovered now! :) :)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to write me a note!!!
~~Nicole~~