Friday, May 31, 2013

For a Special Girl -- CTD # 244 -- Lori Boyd

Click HERE for BLOG CANDY POST 

I have been away from my blog all week which is very unlike me!!
Unfortunately, a few really bad migraines were the culprit!  
Hopefully, they won't return and I can finish out the week with a few new cards.
I LOVE the color throwdown and when I saw the colors and inspiration pic 
on Wednesday, I was thrilled with Lynn's bright colors!  
I also wanted to play along with the Lori Boyd challenge and the theme was flowers. 
BRIGHT & HAPPY cards make me smile so that is exactly what I wanted to make! 
Here's my take on the color throwdown colors for this week with a Lori Boyd image.
I also used a bunch of different flower dies and punches,
 so I am linking up with That Craft Place & Crafty Calendar.

This card is for my younger daughter for after her dance recital that is coming up next Friday!!
Her favorite colors are all different shades of blue, so I dressed her
 in tempting turquoise with her favorite ombré barrettes.


FYI for the throwdown gals ~~~ there is a pretty gray ribbon under the flowers, but you can't really see it!!  :) :) :)  I did use the grey in a few places: as the shadow beneath her, in the sentiment, and the mostly hidden ribbon.  ;) ;) ;)

I wanted to add a little bit of depth with the flowers so I used foam circles.  The tempting turquoise die cut flowers are flush with the ribbon, the yellow ones are popped up on 1 level of dimensional foam and the hot pink flower is popped up on 2 layers of foam. 



Here's a close up of "Ella #3" by Lori Boyd designs 
You can find the cuteness right HERE.

Supplies:
Stamps: digi by Lori Boyd (Ella #3)
Sentiment by Jaded Blossom
Flower stamps & dies: Taylored Expressions and SU!
Card stock: Tempting Turquoise & Smoky Slate(SU!)
Pink by recollections
Ink: Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight, Smoky Slate (SU!)
Razzle Berry by MFT (stamped off to lighten it)
Pearls & ribbon: Michael's
Copics
(If you would like the copic #s, just let me know 
in the comments, I do keep a list from each card.)

Thanks for looking and leaving a comment.
It brightens my day!! 

32 comments:

  1. Ohhhh...sooo bright & cheery (you know how I LOVE turquoise)! Your sweet girl is going to love it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tina!! I hope she loves it!! :) :) :)

      Delete
  2. Love it! So bright and cheerful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this one too and you have colored her face beautifully, what colors did you use on her cheeks? And I love the little bit of highlight around her eyes, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! I'm trying a new skin combo --it's more colors -- but I really like it!!

      R11, R20 & R30 for the cheeks
      Skin was -- E000, E00, E01, E21 & E11

      Delete
  4. I have missed you and your cheerful cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks, Kim!! I missed you guys, too!! Having really bad migraines is awful & I wouldn't wish them on anyone! I'm so glad to be back!! :) :) :)

      Delete
  5. This is darling! I love the bright color combo, and your coloring is flawless! Saw this on Facebook, and popped over for a quick look at your blog. You do wonderful work, and I'm now your newest follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome, Laura!! :) :) :) Thank you for your kinds words and for following me with bloglovin'!! :) :) :) I really appreciate it!! :) :)

      Delete
  6. great card!!!!thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar blog - hope to see you at our next challenge starting tomorrow :)
    Kimberly DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely card, Thanks for joining us at that craft place this time xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is too sweet! Love how you colored that sweet girl! I'm sure your own sweet girl will love this. Thanks for joining this week's Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have brought Lori's little sweetie to life Nicole. :-) Just look at those little pink cheeks! So pinchable. LOL Lots of fun bright colors too. Hope you feel much better. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Tracy!! :)) :)) Hopefully I will be back to myself this week!! :))

      Delete
  10. This is so Beautiful. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nicole...you coloring is absolutely gorgeous....WOW!!!!!! Love the border of flowers, too...your daughter is going to love this!!!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown....we love to see your beautiful cards in the gallery!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Joan!! The Color Throwdown is my favorite game in town!!! I'm always happy to play along!!! :)) :))

      Delete
  12. I just love this! Your coloring is AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woohoohoo how brilliant your coloring is Nicole, your cards are always so bright and cheerful. Hope all goes well for her on Friday!!!
    Big hugs
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tracy!! Both girls are dancing -- & I made each of them a card!! Hope they love 'em!! :)) :))

      Delete
  14. So super cute!! Wow! I just clicked on your source links and I had no idea how much goes into making these adorable cards. Talk about personalized gift! You're amazing Nicole my dear :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, thanks, Julie!!! :)) :))
      I appreciate it!!! :)) :))

      Delete
  15. Love, Love LOVE this! Thank You dear friend! :) Hugs - LORi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to write me a note!!!
~~Nicole~~