Friday, May 24, 2013

Have a Fairy Sweet Day -- Colour Q # 190 & Tiddly # 110

Hi there!
When I saw this week's Colour Q inspiration pic I immediately thought of this autumn fairy costume that I had one year for Halloween.  The pics online were detailed and luxurious and I couldn't wait to get it!  When it arrived, it was the exact opposite of what I had envisioned!  Needless to say, I didn't wear the autumn fairy costume that year!   I wanted to create a card that captured an autumn fairy and so I used this super sweet digi of Wryn Fairy Wishes.

Hope you like my take on the colors and the concept:
This card took me the longest that I have ever spent on a card.  It took me hours to color it and I will explain why...  I didn't have the exact colors for Colour Q in my copics, so I tried a different technique altogether.   I used Stampin Up blender pens and my Stampin Up ink pads to deliver the color.   It was a GREAT plan when you don't have a specific color!  The only trouble is that it took me sooooooo long!  This card is for a very special person who I hope has a "FAIRY SWEET DAY" when she receives it!!  It was worth the extra time spent to get it just right!!  

I used the Baja Breeze color for her dress and shoes, I used Midnight Muse for the shadowing on the first layer of the dress and a combo of the 2 colors for the second layer of the dress.
For her hair, I colored it with a Y21 copic and then I colored it with More Mustard and Really Rust in the darkest parts using Stampin' up blender pens. 

The flowers were pale pink Martha Stewart flowers and I needed to color them as well.
Here's where I had to put my color skills to the test!
When you add pink to something it changes the shade and tone, so I needed to go with colors that would end up looking like baja breeze, more mustard, & really rust.
I used daffodil delight and it ended up like mustard!
I used pool party and bashful blue and it ended up like baja breeze and luckily for the really rust, I only had to color it with more mustard and it turned perfectly into rust!  
Whew!!!  So, like I said, this card was the longest 2 day crafty project EVER!!! 

Here's a few pics of the coloring in action...
On this pic you can see where I added the diff shades of blue -- pool party and bashful blue.
The other flower was also pink and I added mustard over it to create rust.  They were really dark when wet so I was a bit worried...


But, when they were dry they came out just like Stampin' Up colors --- YAY!!!!!   :) :) :)   
It was a TON of work, but in the end it was FUN!! 

Here's a detailed close up of Wryn without the flash so you can see the coloring.
Click on it for a larger version...  :) :) :) 

My card was a labor of love for sure!!  
I'm entering this card into the Tiddly Inks Challenge # 110 -- "Use a Wryn" 

Supplies:
Digi stamp: Wryn Fairy Wishes by Tiddly Inks ($3.00)
Card Stock: Midnight Muse by Stampin' UP
Paper: Fancy Pants and My Mind's Eye
Inks: Baja Breeze, More Mustard, Midnight Muse, Really Rust
Copper bling: Recollections
Flowers: Martha Stewart Crafts
(Inks to color the pink flowers: Daffodil Delight, Bashful Blue, & Pool Party)
Spellbinders: Grand nesties labels 1 & classic ovals
Stampin' Up blender pens
Copics

Thanks for looking!!
Comments are appreciated and make my day FAIRY SWEET!

30 comments:

  1. What a fun card, Nicole, such a cute image! You were so creative in trying to get just the perfect colors, so appreciate that as the right colors look well together whereas substituted ones often don't, love the colors you made! So happy you joined us this week at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sylvia!! :)) :)) I'm so glad you like her!!! :)) :))

      Delete
  2. Is that one coming my way because it really beautiful...I might try one of those when I get a chance... thanks for sharing these are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim!! :)) The Wryn digis are soooo cute, aren't they!?! Just love 'em!!

      Delete
  3. She is just gorgeous! The colors are perfect and it is hard to believe that those flowers started out Pink. I was looking for a flower for a card last night and saw that I only had pink and black ones. I never considered inking them up! You so inspire me with every project! Thanks soooo much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tina, thank YOU!!! Your comments always make me smile, keep me going, crafting & creating!!!
      I'm so happy that you find my blog helpful -- that's what it's all about!! :)) :)) xo :)) :))

      Delete
  4. hiyah Nicole!
    oh my!! for a newbie to tiddlies you sure know how to rock them! this is stunning and go you for entering our challenge too!! ( you know you're going to be addicted now right?....he he he!!)
    huge hugs Lou xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES, Lou!!! I can already feel the addiction settling in!!! When's the next TUESDAY launch??!? LOL :) :) :) :) LOVE fun characters to color ~~ so WRYN is AWESOME!!! :) :) :)

      Delete
  5. Wow, I wish I could see you in action! Sounds so complicated, turned out beautiful of course. Yay for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carrie!!! It wasn't complicated, I swear!! Just tedious!! Lolololo :0 :0 :) :) :) :)

      Delete
  6. Ahh, MS flowers huh? Very cute! And you have way more patience then I do to sit and color all of those individual petals! Love your coloring on this one, her hair looks great and your "fine flicks" look wonderful.Nice job on the wings too, I like the touch of color at the base of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES, they were in my stash and I didn't have any thing else that I liked for this card! Yes, it was a bit nutty to sit and color them, but I did stamp 'em up a bit first!! :) :) :) Then just colored the bits and pieces ~~ & I had to really saturate the glitter areas to take on the color from my copic or blender pen. Thanks for your kind words re: the hair ~~ I have been working on it so that I get a thinner line! :) :) :) xo

      Delete
  7. what a pretty card. LOVE how you used the colors. those flowers are gorgeous and so is your girl. LOVE her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty and cheerful card, Nicole! Just the way I like them. Your homemade flowers are inspired ~ well done! All that effort shouldn't go unnoticed over at ColourQ!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks so much for the sweet comments, Darnell!!! I sure do hope you are right!!! :)) :))

      Delete
  9. What a delightful card, Nicole. The flowers are very pretty and your colouring is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Lesley!! :)) :))

      Delete
  10. What an adorable card. Love these flowers..wow. Thanks for playing along with us this week at the ColourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very lovely card! Your flowers are so pretty! Thanks for joining the Tiddly Inks challenge.

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG...this is just precious....your coloring is gorgeous and I love the flowers you added!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is one adorable card, all your beautiful embellishments along with your lovely Wryn made for a fabulous creation! Thank you for sharing your creation with us at Tiddly Inks for our "Use a Wryn" challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lucianna!! :) :) I love Wryn ~~ she's so cute!!! : ) :) :)

      Delete
  14. Super cute - love your color choices and design. Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us at Tiddly Inks. Good luck!
    Hugs,
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jodi for visiting both of my cards!! :) :) :) I really appreciate it!! :0 :) :)

      Delete
  15. Scrumdidileyumptious Nicole!
    Happy fairy sweet days right back at you.
    Hugs
    Tracy
    Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you are feeling better, sweet lady!!! :)) :))

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to write me a note!!!
~~Nicole~~