Friday, May 10, 2013

I dig you -- Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge # 183

Happy Friday!!
I found myself in an unlikely situation yesterday... & I needed a boy card.
I was concerned because I don't ever buy images with boys on them, so I turned to my paper smooches stash and looked through the CUTEST animals on the market today!
The Chubby Chums are my laugh out loud favorites, but the dogs & birds from the brand new Woofers & Tweeters are soooooooo adorable bringing an instant smile to my face.
(Plus they have dies to match... MY FAVE THING EVER!!!)
It's my humble opinion that every stamp should have a matching die to go with it!

Here's what I came up with:
 
"I dig you"
Hee hee!  He even has a "wet" nose!  LOL
Whattaya mean...you have never seen a teal spotted dog before?
I had a double dappled mini dachshund before I got married and he had many different colored spots.
Teal, no, but I was using my imagination with this one!!  ;)
He is digging through his pile of pool party, mermaid, and island indigo
bones & that just makes me smile!
I hope you like my first attempt @ a boy card!
I popped him up on dimensional dots, but you can't really tell in the pics...

I am linking up with Karen @ the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge for # 183 with this fun sketch.
The only element that I left off was the scalloped edge because this card was for a boy.


Copics used:
BG18, BG57, C3, N5, 100 & G02
Paper: Echo Park "Happy Days"
Card stock: Island Indigo (SU!) & Red Hot (MFT)
Inks: Pool Party (SU!), Mermaid (a-muse studio), & Island Indigo (SU!)
Stamps & Dies:  Paper Smooches "Woofers and Tweeters"
"Woofers" & "Woofers Extras" are all found right HERE :) :) :)

Thanks for looking
& HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY WEEKEND!!!

16 comments:

  1. How sweet is that great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing what you will come up with next. This is so cute for a boy! In addition to enjoying your creativity, I just love to read what you write. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha!! :)) I'm glad to be comic relief, as well!!! ;))

      Delete
  3. Wow! This is really a cute boy card! And of course you're killing me with these colors...teal and that pop of Red! I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tina!!! Your faves, right??!? LOL ~~ Happy to help satisfy your color obsession!! I'm right there w/ ya with my love for all things teal, aqua & lime!!

      Delete
  4. This would be cute for V day :) maybe w couple of hearts . :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Natalia, Thanks for popping by today!! :)) :)) Yes, this would be a fun one for a V-day card!! :))

      Delete
  5. See, I told you I would get to google reader sooner or later. Only 877 posts to go thru, sigh. I adore your teal spotted puppy and I bet the little boy will too! Love the fire hydrant too, great accent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amanda!! :)) You have a LOT to read this weekend!! Chop-chop ;))

      Delete
  6. This is adorable, Nicole! I love the movement and your generation stamping on the bones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Emily!! :) :) I'm thrilled that you stopped by my blog this morning!! :) :)

      Delete
  7. what a cute, cute card. I love your doggie, his colors are fantastic. thanks for your sweet words left on my blog. and so happy you have NEW MFT and Unity goodies. Can't wait to see what you create. Happy Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa!! :)) Happy Mother's Day!! :))

      Delete
  8. Lol here...loved reading your post and he is ohh so coolio!! Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha!!!!! I don't have a boy.... Lol just guessing what they might like.. :))
      I thought he seemed fun!! ;))

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to write me a note!!!
~~Nicole~~