Sunday, May 12, 2013

let's play -- the sweetest thing 184

Hi there! 
When I saw today's sketch from Karen @ the sweetest thing I was soooooo excited because I knew that I would be able to use a LOT of patterned paper!  Woo hoo!!  Sometimes a sketch can be fun, but you don't get to see much of the fun papers, so I really loved this one!  
Also, I would finally be able to use my ric rac border die from Taylored Expressions!  
I knew that I wanted to use it for the line between the 2 triangles, 
so now I just needed to decide on the papers and the image. 
This past week when I colored the paper smooches dog from Woofers & Tweeters, it brought back a lof of memories of my mini daschund.  He was only 9 pounds so when he played in the flowers I couldn't even see him!  That's the inspiration for today's card. 


I even put the sentiment in the patterned paper... 
Rookie mistake?
Well... I did it on purpose... my dog used to coax me to play by crouching and hiding in the flowers, so this worked for me as the dog and the words are hiding in the flowers. 
I paper pieced this portly little pup and shaded with copics.

I REALLY LOVED this sketch and I am working on at least 1 more, if not 2 more with this same sketch for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch #184.


Mother's Day was AWESOME!!  My family gave me a marker holder for my new copics, a few new die-namics, and some organizational cubes for my stamping room.  My hubby took my kids to an amusement park for a few hours so that I could organize my stamps and create a few cards! 
This one is finished and 2 more are in progress on my stamping desk.
YAY FOR MOTHER'S DAY!!! 

Here's what I used today:
Stamp: paper smooches chubby chums
Paper: My Mind's Eye "Notable"
Die: Ric Rac borders from Taylored Expressions
Ink and card stock: Island Indigo by SU!
Button: Calypso Coral by SU!
Hemp cord: Bead landing
Copics: Y26 & Y38

THANKS FOR LOOKING!!
Hope you had a WONDERFUL Mother's Day!! 

12 comments:

  1. Soooo cute...love the paper choices and I can see the sentiment just fine! I love this sweet little dog! And wow what great mother's day presents including some extra crafting time! I'd love to see your marker holder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tina!! Yes, yesterday was so nice to be able to work uninterrupted !! I got soooooo much done!! I sent you a pic of my marker holder. :))

      Delete
  2. This is so cute!! I love the font stamps you chose it really suits the playful feel of this card. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Baker!! :) :) That super cute sentiment comes with the chubby chums set, I LOVE IT!!! :) :) :)

      Delete
  3. Perfect fit for this Sketch Challenge. I love the dividing line and lovely flowers! Kaitlyn: Very cute! Our dog would love it! =)
    Kat: Another Kat Seal of Approval, lol. I'd love to see a flying squirrel card...
    Uh oh! Is there a flying squirrel stamp out there? =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks to all 3 of you!!! Sorry to hear that some of you are home sick!! :( :( I am not sure if I have ever seen a flying squirrel stamp...???!?? LOL --- that might be a tough one!!!

      Delete
  4. My friend ( dog lover ) would love this . The colors are bright and uplifting ...Love it .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Natalia!! :) :) Feel free to send her a link. Hopefully, it will make her smile! :) :) This pup has me giggling every time I see him!!

      Delete
  5. The sentiment shows up just fine here so I think you made the right decision and good for your family, they chose great gifts! Love the bright flowered paper and how cute to think of it like your dog playing in the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amanda!! :) :) :) I was so happy on Mother's Day to be showered with fun new things for stamping! :) :)

      Delete
  6. So glad you had a great Mothers day..you deserve it all!! You sure are rockin the cards and this one is beautiful...loving the papers!!
    Hugs
    Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tracy! It was so nice! :))

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to write me a note!!!
~~Nicole~~