Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Stamping w/ my 7 year old -- Mother's Day fun

At our house everyone has to get crafty!
I even have the hubby help out once in a while!
My 7 year old and I decided to make a card based off of the gift card
that we are sending to my mom for Mother's Day.   
Before anyone says that I was a lazy daughter for going the gift card route, 
please note that my mom ALWAYS asks for a gift card...Always!  LOL

*****ETA(edited to add) I am linking up with Moxie Fab World challenge for this week because they are featuring gift card holders!!!  MY FAVE kind of fun paper project!!!  LOVE it!!!******

We used the gift card as inspiration for our card.

My mom does not like pastels or soft girly colors, so this color combo had some WOW factor!
We used the LJD Sweet Roses stamps & matching die-namics from My Favorite Things w/red hot card stock and wild cherry ink both from MFT.  For the yellow centers of the flowers we used the smallest circle die from circle stax 2 by MFT with some daffodil delight card stock (SU!).  The letters are thickers that I had from a previous project and were ready to go.  My daughter was able to just stick them down which made it super easy and super fast!

On the inside of the card we used the gift card holder die from a-muse studio to create a little cut out where we could put the gift card.  She just LOVES rolling things through the big shot!!
The whole project came together very quickly reminding me once again that you can craft w/ kids very easily as long as you have most things measured and ready to go!
(as you know... kids don't really like to wait!)

INSIDE of card:

I hope that you are inspired to craft with one of your kids/grandkids 
&
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!

12 comments:

  1. This is wonderful very creative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim!! :)) I hope she likes it!! :))

      Delete
  2. Love it! You did such a good job making it look as though it was meant to go with that gift card. Love the way that Red pops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tina!! It was mostly my 7 year old & her vision!! :)) Hopefully my mom will like it...

      Delete
  3. What a great idea to make a card to match the gift card...you did an awesome job!!!! It looks like you bought them together...how wonderful that you made it with your daughter, too...she will remember all the wonderful times you 2 spent together crafting!!!! My daughter and I still get together and craft!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joan for the sweet message & for popping over!! :)) :))
      I really hope she likes it...

      Delete
  4. Oh my giddy aunt..Fabulous...you are both Amazing..look how pretty it turned out!!!
    My boys are all grown up now but we loved nothing more than getting crafty together.I remember we made a grandfather clock(it was huuuge)from a hoover box with chimes and all.
    Hugs to you both
    Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that sounds awesome!!!! Do you have pics??!

      Delete
  5. Hey Nicole! Thanks for linking this up to the Gift Card Holder Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to write me a note!!!
~~Nicole~~