Wednesday, June 5, 2013

It's Clear to See... --- CQC # 192 --- TSG 210

Hi there!!  
During the busiest week of the school year, the LAST thing that I should 
be doing is making cards...but, I decided to make one anyway!!  :) :) 
(I couldn't resist my favorite colors!)

Here is my first real attempt at a CAS card after checking out a few people's CAS work
 and asking around as to what does it really mean.
The other night I made a simple quick gift card holder and I thought... Is this CAS?  
It wasn't really... It was just simple. LOL   ;) ;) 

So after some thought and checking out the blogs of the people who seem 
to always use this style, this is what I came up with.


I LOVE the quirky font that is inside of the card!!  :) ;) :)   It makes me smile!  I think most things in life should be written in fun and quirky font.  I mean, why not?!?   :) ;) :)   
I used the color inspiration from Colour Q this week and 2 different stamps sets.
Here's the color palette:
and I'm entering my card into the CAS challenge over @ TSG.

The first stamp set is from a company that is new to me in the last 2 weeks called, The Alley Way Stamps.  I learned about this company from Arielle's work on Colour Q and Retro Sketches. 
I kept seeing fun and playful images on her cards and then one day a set of quirky birds that I just had to have!   :) ;) ;)  
The Alley Way Stamps has fun & whimsical stamps and if you haven't checked them out yet, here's the gateway to the cuteness.

I also used a set from Taylored Expressions that I have never used, but loved the references in the sentiments to vision like "Spectacular" and "clear to see" so I combined the 2 sets and there you go... a fun CAS card... At least I think it's CAS!!
Thanks for stopping by!

Here are the supplies from today's card:
AdoraBOWL by the Alley Way Stamps
Spectacular by Taylored Expressions
Island Indigo card stock by SU!
Inks: Island Indigo, Certainly Celery, and (Soft Slate/Basic Gray mixed together)
2 enamel dots from MME that were super close in color to Soft Sky

**When we get to 50 followers on Google we will have a fun prize draw!!
& we only have 4 more to go! Also, I forgot to celebrate my 1 month bloggiversary, so I will definitely do something when we roll around to the 2 month mark.**
Today was exciting!!  2 of my last 3 cards won in their challenges and both of them earned prizes!! 
Woot!! Woot!!  Your support in blog land is what keeps me going!  THANK YOU!!

38 comments:

  1. What a fun card Nicole! Love the pretty colored sunglasses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mona!! :)) :)) :)) I'm trying something new... :) :) :)

      Delete
  2. Oh, this is just too cute! I love all your sweet glasses from TAWS, I agree they are such fun stamps. This is my first time visiting your blog and I love your cards...so fun. Congrats on all your wins too, after peeking around I can see why!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kim!! :)) :)) I'm so glad you did come for a visit!!! :)) :))

      Delete
  3. Love the fun colours, this is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You nailed it, Nicole! Great CAS card!

    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tricia!! :)) I appreciate it!! :))

      Delete
  5. I just saw your card on SCS - it really popped!! I love your clean arrangement and the colors look great together. You nailed this challenge. :>)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim for coming over from SCS!! :)) :))
      I'm so glad you liked my card!! :))

      Delete
  6. How cute the spectacles are and have to agree about quirky fonts..looove!!
    You did an amazing job for your cas card.
    Woohoohoo on your other cards,you deserve the recognition!!
    Big hugs
    Tracy
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tracy, soooooooo much!!!!! :)) :)) :)) :)) Xo

      Delete
  7. Well, it's easy to call this a winner, Nicole! I love every spec of it!! (Get it, "spec" of it?!) Your card artistry is so fun and so impeccable!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darnell, you know I love your puns!!! They are one of my fave things about your writing on your blog!! :)) :))
      Thank you for saying that!! There's a lot of great cards over @ Colour Q this week... You just never know!!! :)) :))

      Delete
  8. Wonderful clean and clever card Nicole! Your colors are always beautiful and the combination of the stamp sets is perfect. Your spacing is superb, lol! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, Michelle -- spacing, I know, right!?! Instead of thinking about coloring within the lines ... I needed to pay careful attn to spacing!! Tee hee! CAS cards sure are different!!! But, it was cool! Always good to try something new...!!! :))
      I guess that's what makes it a challenge !!
      Thanks so much!!

      Delete
  9. You definitely nailed CAS on this one! I absolutely love it! I have already pinned the TE stamp set on my wish list and I've saved The Alley Way Stamps on my favorites, so looks like I'm going to have to do a little shopping. Oh, and I'm soooo excited for you on your wins! You definitely deserve the recognition for all of your work. It looks like you are very very close to 50 followers! Congrats on that too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tina!!! It's most certainly because of supportive blogger friends like you who keep encouraging me!!! :)) :))
      Seeing your comments & feedback helps keep my creativity going in the right direction!!!
      THANK YOU!!
      :)) :))

      Delete
  10. This is a fantastic CAS card!! You certainly knocked it out of the park.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is certainly CAS and very, very cute! I can't think of a cuter card I've seen lately! The colors and sentiments on the inside are adorable! Thanks for playing with the CQC colors this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, LeAnne!!! :)) :)) I'm so glad you liked it!! :)) :))

      Delete
  12. Fantastic! The bold colors are striking and fun and I agree...quirky is good. LOL Congrats on your wins sweetie! Thanks for playing our CAS challenge at TSG. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, thank you sooo sooo sooo much, Tracy!!! :)) :)) Makes me smile whenever I read your comments!!! :)) :))

      Delete
  13. Very nice!! Love the fun specs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Paru!! :)) :)) I appreciate you stopping by! :))

      Delete
  14. Love the glasses (sunglasses or not!) and those colors together are great! Glad your week is ending on a happy note!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amanda!!!! Me, too!! It's been a doozy... I'm just sitting back & letting the relief wash over me... It's so nice to stop "running" & just stay still. :)) :)) :))

      Delete
  15. fabulous CAS design!!! Thanks for playing along with this week's There She Goes Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So cute! love the glasses! Thank you for sharing with us this week at the ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fun card, Nicole, I really like the sentiment you used! Thanks for playing with us at the colourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sylvia!! :)) :)) I'm so glad you liked it!! The colors are my fave -- so I was happy to play along!! :))

      Delete
  18. Love the cute glasses and the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super CUTE Nicole!! Love your Fab CAS design and Super take on the color combo! 8-)

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to write me a note!!!
~~Nicole~~