Monday, June 3, 2013

Picture Perfect -- MFTWSC126 -- **VOTE FOR SWAG!**

Hi there!
Yesterday's card went down with a fight and today's card was so easy peasy lemon squeazy I couldn't even believe it!!  Sometimes that just shows you the power of a sketch.  Just follow along put the elements where you are supposed to... ( **I might have used a little artistic interpretation on mine!!) and VOILA!!!  Instant HAPPY!!  I have to say that when I spoke with a few friends today I couldn't hold back my love for this card.   I think it's because it was NEW DP from echo park that just arrived on Friday and I couldn't wait to play with it or because the MFT sketch this week was tailor-made just for my heart's desires.   Regardless, here's my NEW card with my NEW paper and I am in LOVE with the CRAZY BRIGHT colors!! (I am patting myself on the back for getting two of the 6x6 stacks!!!)  The royal purple in the background is from Michael's and just set the tone for this fun color EXPLOSION!!
Yeah, I said it, COLOR EXPLOSION!!
Do you have safety goggles??!?   ;) ;) ;)  LOL



Here's the sketch if you'd like to play along this week with the Wednesday Stamp Club from MFT.
My "polaroid" die cut is sooooo much smaller than the one from MFT that I could not put the horizontal element underneath of the frame, so I took a few liberties w/ the sketch!! ;) ;) 
I did try the curly border die that is pictured in the sketch, but it didn't even show up on my DP.  
Also, with my super busy and bright DP, I did not add the upper right hand corner banner.
I tried a few different little camera accents from MFT, but they were drawing the eye in a negative way. 
So I have a scaled down version of the sketch, but it was still so much fun to work with!!  :) :)


Yesterday we didn't have a winner for my contest (the name of the stamp set is called, "CIRCLE Circus" by SU! and I thought it would be so easy!!!) SO SORRY LADIES!!!  I thought for sure one of you would recognize it!  We did have a ton of GREAT guesses though!!  Thanks for playing along!!  I will be doing games, contests, promos, etc... for the next 10 weeks to have some fun, get the word out about my new blog and to give away some SERIOUS SWAG!

Speaking of swag, what do you think is better...?
$25 in card stock? 
or 
$25 in stamps?
Please VOTE for your choice after your comment below so I can see what you ladies would really want to WIN for prizes!!  :) ;) :)  
I think we should do another giveaway when we reach 50 followers on Google.
Currently there are 42, so we only have 8 more to go...
Maybe we can get there this week!?!

So... did you like this card?
I hope I didn't burn any retinas with this baby!!! LOL
My friend who just went pro as a photographer will be getting this in her mailbox!!
Hopefully I don't burn her retinas either!!!  YIKES!

~~HAPPY STAMPING~~

26 comments:

  1. Well you know me, I love bright colors too so I agree, great card! And I really like the film strip border, ties right in with the polaroid diecut, the sentiment and papers. And you already know I chose cardstock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amanda!! :)) :)) One vote for card stock!! :)) :))

      Delete
  2. Oh how I love bright and cheery cards! This one is precious! I just love everything about this from the polaroid diecut to the film strip to the paper and all those beautiful bright cardstocks! You really had me going with that stamp set yesterday. I bet I checked your blog 20 times to see if anyone had guessed it! Oh and my pick would be stamps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tina!!! :)) I'm sorry about the stamp set... I really thought it would be an easy one!!! I'll try again w/ another trivia question soon!!!!
      -- one vote for stamps!! :))

      Delete
  3. I think your card is beautiful!! It made me smile and say C H E E S E!! LOL
    I love the background paper with all of the camera's on it. Just gorgeous!!
    I would pick stamps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sabrina! :))
      2 votes for stamps, got it!! :))

      Delete
  4. What a great card! I love the camera images and the fun color scheme. I like how you made the farther rectangle a little smaller than the original layout. It really draws your eye in and then right to her camera! Great job as always Nicole! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you, Michelle!!! You might have just made me blush...!

      Delete
  5. I love the colors you put together. Everything looks so vibrant. Wonderful job. Keep up the fantastic creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My eyes! My eyes! Ha, just kidding, Nicole! Your card is super trendy and super cute!! Thanks so much for the info on that Unity stamp for "Life Is Too Short . . .!" I don't have that one and it's as good as ordered. I appreciate your thoughtfulness!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holy guacamole !!! I'm so sorry about your eyes!!! You are über welcome for the stamp info! It was my pleasure!!! :)) :))

      Delete
  7. Nicole this is simply adorable! Love how you used the photo idea with the sketch. Also, wanted to tell you that our Basic class is GEARED for newbies!!! YES absolutely would love to have you join us!
    hugs,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great, thank you, Melissa!! :)) :))

      Delete
  8. Yikes! I should have waited a day in between these two cards to let my eyes refocus. LOL Just kidding. :-) It's summer! You just have to have all those bright neon colors. The film strip is lots of fun. I'd probably pick stamps. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha!!! Sorry about the dizzy spells & possible burnt retinas!! ;)) 3 votes for stamps, got it!!! :)) ;)) thanks, Tracy!!

      Delete
  9. OMGoondess Nicole!! She is such a CUTIE!! Love how you framed her up with the instant photo frame and love the fun filmstrip boarder too! And the dp's are just Pure FUN!! Love this!! 8-)

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shannon!!! :)) :)) She was super cooperative & wanted to just jump in that little frame!! ;))

      Delete
  10. What a cute card, Nicole....I love the little shutterbug and your coloring is amazing!!!! She really looks cute in the photo frame, too, and the camera paper is just perfect for this!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joan !! :)) I'm do glad you like her! I was worried that people wouldn't really like my super bright card, but I made it anyway because I loved it!! :)) ;))

      Delete
  11. she's FAB!!! love fun, bright colors and the insta frame is one of my FAVE Die-namics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa! I'm glad you like her!! :0 ;) :) :)

      Delete
  12. Love the card, love the colors and the cameras in the background. And love easy peasy lemon squeezy, bc Willow likes to say that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, sweet Willow!! :)) That's so fun! I think the reason that I say it so much is because of my 5 year old... So that makes sense!! :))

      Delete
  13. Wow Nicole gorgeous and my eyes are still intact,lol...adore easy peasy lemon squeezy!!
    Hugs
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tracy!!! Glad I didn't burn your eyes out!! ;)) ;))
      Xo

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to write me a note!!!
~~Nicole~~