Sunday, June 30, 2013

Thanks, you're one in a MELON!!!! -- Lori Boyd challenge # 49

Hi Everyone!!
I had the most relaxing vacation with my family and now I am BACK!!!
It's great to be back in my craft room and today I made a SUPER FAST card for the BLD Challenge #49.   I knew that I wanted to play along because the theme of the week was "THANK YOU" and I had a certain someone in mind for this card!!!
ALSO -- I am OBSESSED with yummy summer WATERMELON right now!!!
I can't get enough!!

I hope that you have been enjoying your summer so far 
and have some fun plans for the 4th!!
I will no doubt be posting some more cards this week as my "idea book" 
is overflowing from my time away!!


The image is from Lori Boyd and it is called,  "Lollipop Watermelon Smile."
I don't know about you, but I can't look @ this cutie without smiling at her sweet face!!!
The sentiment is from Unity Stamp Co. and the paper is from Doodlebug Designs.
Ink, card stock, & candy dots are Melon Mambo (SU!)


I colored her up with my copics, but didn't get a chance to go back in for shading with pencils and I think that makes a BIG difference.  I only noticed after I had taken pics and time was ticking away...
She's still fun and cute, so that's what counts, right? 
Here are the colors:
E000, E00, E01, E11, E21, R30
E50, Y21, Y32, E31, Y35
RV21, RV14, RV25, RV29
YG11, YG13, YG03, YG17
B000, BG000, B00, BG10, BG01

Thanks for stopping by!!!! 
I have missed you all and can't wait to catch up 
on the blogs and all of your cards!!

PS ~~ Have you signed up for Bloglovin' yet?   (or another newsfeed for your blogs?)
How do you like it so far?   I PUFFY HEART BLOGLOVIN' and 
WISH that I had known about it sooner!!!! 
HAPPY STAMPING!!

***ETA*** ~~  Cheryl from CherCroppin's Showcase told me that this would be good card for their new challenge @A.R.T. challenge blog ~~ so I am linking up there, as well!!! ~~ Thanks for letting me know @ SCS, Cheryl!!  I appreciate it!!  :) :) :) :)
I had a friend tell me that my card would work for
Marker POP's Summer theme this week,
so I am also linking up for their challenge #25

24 comments:

  1. So glad you had a wonderful relaxing vacation! This little girl is sooo super sweet. I absolutely love her and you colored her up beautifully! Oh and that watermelon looks yummy! As always I love your choice of colors! Welcome back!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Tina!!!! It's good to be back!!! :)) :)) :))

      Delete
  2. gosh is this cute! LOVe the bright colors, perfect with Lori's stamp. the papers are a perfect choice, too. Have a great week and thanks for the sweet message on my blog. I always love when you pop by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa!! :)) :)) You, too!! :))

      Delete
  3. Hi Nicole, yahhh! So glad you joined us for the A.R.T. challenge! Your card really is absolutely adorable! I sure hope you'll join us again this Thursday for a new challenge too! ~Cheryl, Senior DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cheryl!! :)) :)) It's my pleasure !! :))
      Sure, I'll see what it is! I always love a challenge !! :)) :))

      Delete
  4. Glad you had a relaxing vacation! Your card is super cute, and I love this sweet image! Your coloring is great - I especially like the hair color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Laura!! :)) :)) I listed the colors this time, so hope that helps!! :)) :))

      Delete
  5. I think her hair looks like spun gold! You always do such an amazing job coloring your adorable stamps! I hope you can give me a lesson! =)
    Wonderful card and I love the added interest of the Candy Dots and fancy edge framing your Watermelon Cutie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michelle!!! It's so cool that you are coming to Charlotte this week!! When you come over we can talk copics. :)) :))
      Can't wait to meet you!!

      Delete
  6. The bright colors you've used are so much fun Nicole. They go really good with watermelon. hee hee Had to buy a big one for the 4th today. Can't wait to get it iced down and yummy cold. mmm mmmm You've done a fantastic job with Lori's little Puddle Jumper. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tracy!! Enjoy the 4th & your super yummy watermelon!!! :)) :)) :))
      Ok, I'm drooling now... Off to the kitchen, I go...
      ;)) ;)) ;))

      Delete
  7. Welcome back, Nicole! Your adorable card is one in a melon!! Sorry, I couldn't resist - it's that cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Darnell!!! It feels GREAT to be back!!! :)) :)) :))

      Delete
  8. Adorable card and what a great job coloring that image. Thanks for joining us at By Lori Designs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sherry!!! :)) :))

      Delete
  9. Ooooh, that watermelon looks yummy, Nicole....your coloring is absolutely fabulous, too....gorgeous work!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Joan!!! :)) :)) I'm coming over to play the Throwdown today!!! (We would sneak aqua/teal into every holiday, wouldn't we...!?! ) ;)) ;))

      Delete
  10. So so very cute. My 6 year old thought it was hysterical. Another great one Nicole.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Baker!!!! Tell K that I thought it would give her a giggle!!! ;)) ;))

      Delete
  11. Congrats Nicole!...you've been chosen as one of the Honorary Mentions this week for the A.R.T. Anything Goes Challenge...head on over and claim your badge! Thanks for entering your fabulous creation! ~Cheryl, Senior DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Cheryl !! :) :) :) I really appreciate it!!! :) :) :)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to write me a note!!!
~~Nicole~~