Sunday, July 14, 2013

Counting the Days... Until the Beach! BLD -- CTD250 -- TPE207 -- CANDY WINNERS

Hi there!! Hope you had a GREAT weekend!
Mine was pretty average -- nothing to write home about...
We are already counting down the days til our last beach trip of the summer...
So, I thought this card would be fun! 
It's BEACH GIRL, HANNAH from By Lori Designs. 

I had it in my head and it needed a little bit of working and re-working!
Kraft is soooooo totally out of my comfort zone -- it's not even funny!!!
I need everything to be BRIGHT and CHEERY! 
So, white is my go-to color of choice!!!  
But, sand is not white... LOL

This card is dedicated to my card making buddy, Amanda
who has always been a great extra set of eyes & has great opinions!!  
 It helps that we are both very OCD and very particular!!
Tee hee!!  Love ya, girl!!   xo 


This card started with the inspiration from The Pink Elephant challenge #207 for this week to use wood grain paper.  (Which is practically in every stack!!) So... I was excited to use some of it!!
The Color Throwdown is near and dear to my heart, I mean it really is!!
I started my blog just so that I could play along with the Color Throwdown!  
(It's true!!  You can check my very first post!)
This week over @ My Creative Time they challenged us to make a square card...well that was super easy for me.   Almost all of my cards are square!!   
I'm also entering this card into Marker Pop #26 for this week.

I colored her with copics and used some fun stamps and dies to add interest to my card.
For the sand, I used shell stamps and matching ink to the card stock for tone on tone shells.
I used the specific Stampin' Up ink colors from the Throwdown, but they do look a little darker on the crumb cake card stock.  All card stock is Stampin' Up, as well.

Image: Beach Girl Hannah by LORi Boyd
All Inks and Card stock: Stampin' Up (Colors listed above)
Pail & shovel stamps from "Just Chillin' by CTMH
Shell background stamps: Michael's craft store
Paper: My Mind's Eye On the Bright Side 2
Snowdrifts die by My Favorite Things
Sentiment from: Unity Stamp Co.
Spellbinders: beach ball die
Copics

Thanks for stopping by!!

Here are my most recent candy winners from the last 2 posts & their prizes...

Darnell J Knauss
-------
Tracy MacDonald
I will also be adding some fun "bling" or ribbon into your package.

Ladies, please message me your address and I will get these
mailed off to you!

Hope you will join us this Saturday for a fun blog hop in honor of 
NATIONAL LOLLIPOP DAY!!!
There will be fun, inspiration and PRIZES!!  Woot!  Woot!!

28 comments:

  1. Super duper adorable, Nicole! You did a fab job creating sand for your summer cutie! Thanks so much for playing along with TPE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you make your cards so personal and relatable, Nicole! You have totally rocked the color challenge!! Thank you so much for the blog candy! That is very sweet and generous of you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Darnell!! I like them to tell a story like mini scrapbooks... I think it's because I made the jump from scrapbooking to card making!! :) :) :) I appreciate your sweet comments and you are welcome for the blog candy!!! xo

      Delete
  3. First off congrats to your winners. That is some awesome blog candy.
    Love your card and the coloring of that sweet BLD image.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY!! Congrats to the winners!! :) :) :) Thanks, Sherry!! :) :) xo

      Delete
  4. I think it came out great and the pail and shovel add a great touch. I meant to tell you last night how much I like the shells stamped on the paper, the others would have been overkill, the stamped ones are perfect. And how sweet of you to dedicate it to me, love ya back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Amanda ~~ I really like the stamped shells, too!! I thought that part came out well ~~ THANKS!! :) :) :) xo

      Delete
  5. what a beautiful card and it is just perfect with the kraft paper. you did a great job!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Vivi!! :) :) :) xo

      Delete
  6. What a fun and super cute summer card! Thanks for joining us in the My Creative Time ~ Designer Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cassandra!! Almost all of my cards are square ~~ so it was fun to play along!! :) :)

      Delete
  7. Super cute, and I love the kraft "sand". Kraft is MY go-to color... I use it on almost everything!! I got my blog candy from you in the mail this weekend! Thanks again, I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laura!! That's too funny!! We are like yin and yang!! :) :) :) I'm so glad you liked your blog candy!!
      woot woot!! :) :) xo

      Delete
  8. OMGosh, she is DARLING, and LOVE the beach ball! Thanks for helping us celebrate at The Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure, Tammy!!! The Color Throwdown gals were my first blog comments and my first challenge!! LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the color throwdown!! :) :)
      Did I mention that I really LOVE the Color Throwdown!!
      Tee hee!!! :) ;) :)

      Delete
  9. What a beautiful card! I almost ordered this stamp from Lori Boyd and seeing it colored up so beautifully has me thinking about heading back over to BLD and making another purchase (or two..lol). She is certainly a cutie pie on this card and I love love love that beachy color paneling in the background. Oh and she's rocking one of my favorite colors on her bathing suit and glasses and by the way I absolutely LOVE the coloring on those sunglasses! I always love your work but this one ranks right up there for me!

    ReplyDelete

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY!!! So glad you loved it!!! She is coming your way in the mail!!! :) :) :) Hope you did make it over to LORi's site for some new digis!! She would be thrilled that you did!! Beach girl Hannah is so much fun to color!!!

      xoxo

      Delete
  10. I don't know about putting two OCD girls together. LOL...at least both of you are extremely talented. Love the card and wish I was at the beach!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA!!! Yes, we are a dynamic duo that's for sure!!! LOL!! Thanks for your kind words!! :) ;) :) I wish I were at the beach, too... :) :) :)

      Delete
  11. Adorable card Nicole! I love the stamped seashells in the sand! Great job coloring all the little details!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mona!! This was the card that I was debating adding the shells to, but even my teeny tiny shells made the card seem "heavy" ~~ I'll have to save them for another project!! :) :) :)

      Delete
  12. Your card makes me long for the beach! You did an excellent job with the Crumb Cake. The seashells on top are great and the colors invoke sandy shores and summer days. The wood grain background makes me think of beach houses...maybe you could make this into a poster? =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, you are too sweet, Michelle!! I love ya!! :)) :)) :)) xo

      Delete
  13. Oooo YAY!!! Stamps! Stamps!!! LOL Thanks so much Nicole! Wonderful layout for your little beach cutie. You're doing such a great job of inspiring us with Lori's images. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats, Tracy!! :)) :)) Thanks for your sweet comments!! :)) xo

      Delete
  14. OMG this is sooo STINKIN CUTE,AWESOME job!!!Thanks for joining us in the My Creative Time/Designer Challenge!!!:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to write me a note!!!
~~Nicole~~