Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Make a SPLASH!! -- MFTWSC131 -- CANDY WINNER!!

Hi there!!  
DT Reveal in the next post today!!
@10:00am!!!
Please read all the way through this post for the blog candy winner!! 

I started coloring this adorable image from the doodle garden the other night (the very same night that MFT launched their new releases!!!) and I had to put this one on hold so that I could do my 2 DT cards, but I finally finished it last night just in time for the Wednesday stamp club deadline.
Thank goodness!!

This card is based on a photo shoot that my girls did that holds a very special place in my heart.
It was a time of pure joy, putting their feet into the ocean for the first time in the early evening when the sun was setting.  
They had the best time and the pics were amazing!
Pics below...
Here is Jennifer Nilsson's digi called, 
or you can find her @ MFT, but her name is Doodle Garden Take the Plunge.  
(She won't be for sale until after 10pm tonight)
Here is the sketch from this week's Wednesday sketch club and I just LOVED the picture frame concept!!!  This sketch was super simple and it made quick work of my card tonight. 
I actually wish there were a few more days for this challenge, because I would make 2 more!!
LOVE this sketch, super easy peasy!!

Close up of the cuteness!
LOVE her swim cap!!
Love, love, LOVE it!!!!
I am linking up with Marker Pop for this week's challenge #26!!
Woot!!  Woot!!  I love the marker challenges!!
Last week my watermelon smile was picked as TOP 3!!
Yay!!! Thank you, Marker POP!!
I'm also linking up with the digi sketch challenge for their inspiration of
"summertime" theme this week! 

Here are some pics of my girls...
These are from 2 years ago on our annual beach trip to Wild Dunes on Isle of Palms.
We have so much fun there as a family!!
Photos by Heather Matthews
Hope you liked my card today ~~ it was straight from the heart. 

Laura Nehring you are my most recent blog candy winner and here is your prize:
Yummy summer ice cream!!! 
MY FAVORITE THING!!!!
Please message me your address so I can get this mailed off to you!!





My sweet girls!!
See you for 2 more posts later today!!

28 comments:

  1. This is such a super sweet card and I can see from your pics why it's straight from the heart! I have to tell you that I am with you on love love loving that sweet little swim cap and you sure made it come to life! I loved the picture frame idea of the sketch too and what could be cuter than that sweet black polka dot frame with that beautiful cantaloupe color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tina!!! :) :) :) As ever, you have made me smile from ear to ear with your sweet comments!! :) :) :) You are simply the best and I am SO glad that you are going to take it easy today. :) :) :) :) xoxo

      Delete
  2. Oh wow! Nicole your card is absolutely adorable and love your coloring. Such sweet photos of your girls. I am going to have to have you teach me how to do that photo coloring where it is just sepia and pink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sherry!! :) :) :) I could probably help you a little, but I didn't do the color wash on those. I did some other ones in my house and I brought out the blues and greens instead. (Big surprise, right??!?) I love my aquas and teals... LOL

      Delete
  3. LOVE your card and how amazing to make it match the photo of the girls. Those are all lovely photos, very vintage looking. I hope you have them framed somewhere and hanging and that the girls always stay that close. Can't wait to see your first evah DT posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amanda!! :)) :)) The retro photo shoot was my fave idea ever for the girls pics!! I loved it from conception, finding the suits, etc... To the amazing results. Heather is awesome for beach shoots!!!

      My first evah DT posts are coming your way -- so stay tuned!!! ;)) ;)) ;))

      Delete
  4. Nicole you did an AWESOME job with little Sally! LOVE the colors you've used...great design! Thank you for bringing one of my little creations to life♥
    ~Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenn!! You know I love these little darlings!!! Funniest thing that popped into my head last night was when I was taking her "picture" for the blog photos & I kept thinking in my head, "smile!" as if she were my kiddo!
      Tee hee!!

      Delete
  5. NO WAY!! I was looking at the pictures of your beautiful girls, and did not expect to see my name there! Thanks Nicole! :) Your card is so sweet, and I had no idea that this artist did digis, so I will have to check that out. Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!!! I'm so glad you had a happy surprise this morning !! Woot woot!! Blog candy is so much fun!! :)) :)) :))

      Delete
  6. I'm so jealous you already have this image...I see it's available in Jennifer's shop as a digi! Love what you did with her. And those pics of your girls are amazing!!! love them, especially as a mom of all boys! love the girly things ♥ CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, I know!!! I had no idea that MFT was releasing this stamp this month!! I was working on her the other night & up she popped in my blogger feed... !!
      Thanks for your sweet words about the girls!!! :)) :)) :)) xo

      Delete
  7. ohmygosh she is sooo cute!!!she looks just like your cutie little girls. a gorgeous card... you always do such wonderfully bright and cute creations :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Alyce, so much!!! :)) :)) xoxo
      It was so great catching up with you tonight -- I'm glad you are feeling better!!

      Delete
  8. What an adorable card! I love your color choices. The black and white polka dots really make her pop. She looks like she could jump right off the card and into the pool, your coloring makes her so realistic! Love the photos of your daughters too! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Michelle !!! You are sweet as can be!!! :)) :)) :)) xo

      Delete
  9. Hee hee LOVE that swim cap! Lovely summery hues and that pop of black and white polka dots really makes a statement. Precious card Nicole! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tracy!! I love the vintage swim cap look & this card has my heart!! I will never ever ever give it away! ;)) ;))

      Delete
  10. Nicole, I predict that one of these days your blog is going to take off like a rocket. This is an example of a perfect post! You have made a super delightful card and then you bring it full circle with those heartbreakingly adorable pictures of your beautiful girls! I'm not even kidding that you need to send your pictures into some ... some .... somewhere! I'm not sure if there are family magazines any more (maybe online?), or how to venture into modeling for them. They are the most photogenic girls, I want the world to see them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, Darnell, you are just the sweetest!!!!! I'm not sure any magazines would want their pics, but you are so thoughtful to say that!!! :)) :)) I think they are super cute, but mom is usually biased!!! ;)) ;)) Thank you for your encouraging words!!! Xo

      Delete
  11. Beautiful card Nicole! You did such an amazing job coloring the darling image! Your photos of your daughters are sooooo stunning! Wow! They are so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much, Mona!! :)) :)) I'm so glad you like the card & the photos!!
      :)) :))

      Delete
  12. This is gorgeous, thank you for playing along with us at Digi Sketch.

    Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  13. awwwww.. what a GREAT picture of your girls.. so prettyyyy!!! and this image in your card is so cute!! great job!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vivi !! Xo. :)) :)) You are a sweetheart!!

      Delete
  14. Oh my giddy aunt Nicole the card is fabulous
    .the pictures of your girls are stunning..you really need to make a layout or mini book wih them!!!!
    Hugs xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Tracy!! I have always wanted to do something extra special with them... Just not sure what..!? I do have them on lovely canvases in my home which means I get to see them all day long!! :)) ;)) :))
      Thanks for your sweet comments!!
      Xo

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to write me a note!!!
~~Nicole~~