Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Meredith w/ Purse -- BLD Inspiration Tuesdays -- Curtain Call --Sweet Sunday Sketch

Hi there!!
Happy Tuesday to you!!!
Hope you are having a good start to your week!!!
This will be the first of 2 posts today, so hope to see you later for a 
sneak peek of a brand new stamp line from a familiar company!!

Here's my card for this week's BLD Tuesday!!
I used Meredith with Purse for a specific challenge on SCS and used this week's 
Sweet Sunday Sketch with color/theme inspiration from The Curtain Call "Watermelon Wonder."
This adorable "Bug and Roo" stamp is from Hannah Boyd and is available in Lori's digi shop @BLD.


              

I turned the Sweet Sunday Sketch on it's side and used that for my layout.  
I used MFT's banner flag stax and cut the ends off to create my skinny rectangles.  
It saved me time and I was able to get my card assembled quicker by using dies instead of measuring!! 

I used the colors from Watermelon Wonder, the look of the rosettes, and also the shape of the flowers for my inspiration.  I even used the feathers from the purse when drawing her hair.  I wanted a thicker, messier look and I used bigger strokes to make her big frizzy pom poms!! 
Copics:
E000, E00, E01, E21, E11, R11, R20
E31, E33, E35, E37, & E59
YR12, YR14, & YR16
R02, R14, & R05
YG03, BG10

A friendly reminder for those new to Copics... Make sure you buy refills for your most used colors!!  
I got myself into quite a bind this past week when I didn't have hair and skin refills for my markers!!
It was a learning moment and I vow to never ever ever ever let that happen again!!!  LOL!!  

Hope to see you back later this afternoon/evening for a special 
sneak peek of a brand new stamp line from a familiar company!!
You won't want to miss it!!
xo

30 comments:

  1. She's so cute! I love her hair and that you used blue for a pop of another color. She looks like a sweet little fashionista with her own flair. I really like how you capture stylish and keep the girlish in there too. Great job once again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Baker!!! Your comments always make me smile!!! Xo

      Delete
  2. Another adorable card, Nicole! I love how the flower shows up in every layer, giving your sweet card so much depth!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Darnell !!! :)) :)) I love when you come by for a visit!!
      Xo

      Delete
  3. Love that bold color on her dress, gorgeous! And her hair looks "fabulous darling"!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, good!!! So glad you love it!!! :)) :))
      Thanks, Amanda!! :))
      Xo

      Delete
  4. Adorable card. I am really liking the colors and papers that you've used. I am so laughing (with you, not at you) about the Copic refills conundrum. Been there; done that (smile). Even after several years, I can still get in a pickle -- especially when my "supplier" doesn't have the stock (groan).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenée!!! I really really hope I learned my lesson!!! Lol !! I bought 5 boxes of refills the other day!! ;)) :))
      Thanks so much for popping by!!
      Xo

      Delete
  5. She's adorable! Love the colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww.. she's such a cutie with those gorgeous colors (I LOVE Coral!), your fab coloring (I LOVE her hair!), and that sweet matching flower in her hair, on her pockets and embellishing the card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so so much, Tina!!! As always, your comments have me smiling ear to ear!!
      Makes me so happy when you love it!!
      :)) :)) xo

      Delete
  7. I am absolutely loving this little image that you colored up. Such a sweet little girl I might have to add her to my collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sherry !!! She's a doll to work with!! Lol !! ;)) ;))
      Xo

      Delete
  8. this card iso totally adorable! love the colors!! gorgeous pattern paper!!
    love your card!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you, Vivi !!! :)) :))
      I'm so glad you love it!!!
      Xo

      Delete
  9. Super cute card!!! Thanks for playing along with us over at the Curtain Call!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tenia!!! :)) :)
      My pleasure!! I loved the inspiration pic!!
      :))

      Delete
  10. LOVE this color combo! Another adorable BLD creation!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just too darn cute...what a little sweetie you have created too, love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kim!! :)) :))
      I love it when you pop by to say hi !!
      :)) xo

      Delete
  12. Cool! All your florals totally match! Wonderful ice cream colors and a cutie patootie image. Precious! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love matchy matchy stuff on my cards... Lol !!
      It's an OCD thing...!! Lol !
      :)) :))
      Thanks for visiting, Tracy!! Your comments make me happy!! :))
      Xo

      Delete
  13. How perfect is that paper and the image is fabulously coloured. Thanks for joining us at The Curtain Call.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Precious, Nicole! adore your coloring...so fun with pops of brightness! pure happiness! so glad you could join us at the Curtain Call, dearie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Stacey!!! Xoxo :)) :))

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to write me a note!!!
~~Nicole~~