Sunday, September 8, 2013

Happy Bee-Day !!! -- Loves Rubberstamps Sensational Sunday Blog Hop

Welcome to the Loves Rubberstamps weekly Sensational Sunday Blog Hop
The Design Team has created some gorgeous projects for your inspiration!
Check out each link and leave a comment. 
If you get lost along the way, each stop will have a full list of links. 
One of the Design Team posts is the hop's Sensational Sunday Sweet Spot 
and a name will be drawn from that list of comments to be in a monthly drawing for a 
$20 Loves Rubberstamps Gift Voucher!  
We will draw the winner of the gift voucher the 1st Sunday of each month! 
Remember, you have until 8:00 pm CST Saturday to leave your comments!
-------------------------------------------

I made this card for my younger daughter who just had her birthday last week.
Her party won't be until Sept. 21st, so I had some more time to get cracking on her card for party day!
She wanted a "BEE" themed birthday party and even wanted a bee costume!!
I had to remind her that this was a birthday party and not Halloween!!  LOL!!
Ok, ok, I might get her a costume to wear to the party...  :) :)

I used this adorable little cutie, Honey Bee-trice, colored her up in some rich honey tones,
and used some new fun paper by Simple Stories called, Say Cheese.
It's a fun mix of colors that I felt would be great for a bee.
Plus, how else was I going to sneak some aqua in there?


Here is the blog hop order & **Joni** is up next. 

**Joni**

Here are the challenges that I am entering:
C.C. Designs Monthly Challenge #3: Birthday
ABC Challenges: Coloring with Markers
Di's Digis Designs Challenge: Birthdays
Seize the Birthday: Anything Goes
Great Impressions: Fall Colors
Simon Says Stamp: All Stars*
*(Mine are my square dies)
Pollycraft: For the Kids

**Edited to add: I forgot to add the link for the
Marker challenge over at 7 Kids College Fund that I have been entering this week**

Copics & Shin-Hans used:
E000, E00, E01, E21, E11, E04, R11
E11, E13, E15, E18, shin-han: BR97, BR93, BR94
General's Black chalk pencil for deeper shading in hair
Yellow part of the bee costume: YR20, Y35, Y26, Y28
Wings and shadows w/ shin-han: BG178, BG179
Dark gray: W1, W3, W5, W7, 100
atyou spica silver on wings

Thanks so much for stopping by today!!
Hope you have a BEE-utiful day!!
xo

68 comments:

  1. Nicole, what a pretty card. You have coloured the image to perfection. Love how you have showcased it. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  2. your hair colouring is superb!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooohhh THE bee Card is adorable! She Will love this for her birthday party!!
    Love from THE netherlands,
    Leintje

    ReplyDelete
  4. So so cute! Love how you colored the hair. Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling - so BEE-utiful!! Thanks so much for joining us this week at ABC Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Danielle!! :)) :)) I really appreciate the "shout out" on your blog this today!! You are so sweet !! :))

      Delete
  6. This is just so adorable and cute!! Fab card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute! I love the colors and the papers you chose. Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Challenge Blog this week

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGosh this is so super cute! I love this bee image and your coloring is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun card, I love the hair colouring! Thanks for joining us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww, Too Darned CA-UTE Nicole!! Love this little Sweetie! 8-)

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is adorable Nicole!!! Beautiful job coloring.... I chuckled when I read your bio .... Step away from the craft table... Lol.... It can suck up a lot of time can't it!!! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nancy !! :)) :)) Yes!!! You are absolutely right --- takes so much time... But, at least it's fun!! :)) :))

      Delete
  12. What a absolutely precious Happy Bee-day Card! I know she'll LOVE it! Super cute design, great coloring and I absolutely LOVE your DP!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a perfect image for her bee party! So sweet! I love your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a sweet card. Your coloring on the image is fabulous and I love the papers you used. Thanks for sharing it with us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, JoAnn!!! I love the new format of seize the bday !! :))

      Delete
  15. Oh, she is just too cute!!! Love that background paper too, just ordered some but have not played with it yet. It goes so well with your "bee"utiful little girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim!! :)) :))
      I hope you love the new say cheese paper!!! :)) xo

      Delete
  16. Wow-wee-wow-wow!! Your coloring is amazing!! Adorable card! Thanks for playing along with us over at ABC Challenges! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks, AnnMarie!! :)) :)) You are so sweet!!! :))

      Delete
  17. this is so cute!! your coloring is awesome!! a Bee party theme!?!? that will be fun.. can`t wait to see her in a bee costume!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vivi !! :)) :))
      Yep, a cute little bee party!! Hope she loves it!! :))
      Xo

      Delete
  18. How fantastic is that hair girl! Wowza! Awesome coloring job on this cutie pie bee and you picked some great papers. A girl's just gotta have her BG's. LOL Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Tracy!!!! :)) :))
      Love my BGs girl!!!!! :))
      Try to sneak them in whenever I can!!
      ;)) ;))
      Xo

      Delete
  19. This is Bee-U-Tiful! I love the designer papers so bright and cheery and your coloring is stunning! Love it and I am sure that your daughter will too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura !! I hope she loves it, too!!! :)) :))
      Xo

      Delete
  20. This is very cute - great coloring and powerful background! :)
    Have a cool day!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my goodness, that has to "bee" the cutest image ever. Love your card, super, super cute. tfs Love Ya' Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  22. Darling card. I love how you gave so much texture to your images hair. It's beautiful.

    Mary Anne, Great Impressions DT

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is absolutely adorable and I LOVE her hair! You have colored it perfectly! Here's hoping she has an amazing birthday party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so!!!!
      She's excited about the Bee piñata !!!
      Lol !!!
      Thanks for your kind words on my card.
      I really like how it came together.
      :))
      Xo

      Delete
  24. This is so stinkin' cute, Nicole!! I do hope we get to see photos of little Miss Bee after the party on the 21st! You amaze me with your execution and coloring (I know I say that every time, but it's true!) and with how many challenges you are able to enter!! Have a great week! Hugs and kisses, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Darnell !! :)) :))
      You are the sweetest supporter & I appreciate it so much!! :)) :))
      I'll try to get some fun Bee party pics!!! :))
      Xo

      Delete
  25. Another adorable card! I like the Happiness, Best Day Ever, Believe sentiments and the color scheme. Really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  26. So cute, gorgeous card your colouring is fabulous...Thanks for playing along with us at Di's Digi Designs Challenge this fortnight.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. That is the cutest little bee ever!!!! Your coloring is sooo gorgeous and I love the fun sentiment!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joan!! :)) :)) I'm so pleased with how it came out!! :)) Hope she loves it!!

      Delete
  28. TOOO CUTE! Great idea to use the bingo cards as a background for this cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Amazing job. I love your coloring on this image!

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is sooo cute. TFS.
    She could use the bee costume for her b-day party and for Halloween...
    Crafty hugs
    D~
    http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, D !! :)) :))
      I think she wants to be something else for Halloween... Lol !! :))

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to write me a note!!!
~~Nicole~~