Sunday, September 22, 2013

It's Pumpkin Time -- Fall Party Treat Bag -- Part 1

This is a SCHEDULED POST and I am recuperating after a long week of birthday party prep for my youngest daughter.  Her "SWEET as can BEE" 6th Birthday party was on Saturday and my mom came in to visit!!

Welcome to the Loves Rubberstamps weekly Sensational Sunday Blog Hop
The Design Team has created some gorgeous projects for your inspiration!
Check out each link and leave a comment. 
If you get lost along the way, each stop will have a full list of links. 
One of the Design Team posts is the hop's Sensational Sunday Sweet Spot 
and a name will be drawn from that list of comments to be in a monthly drawing for a 
$20 Loves Rubberstamps Gift Voucher!  
We will draw the winner of the gift voucher the 1st Sunday of each month! 
Remember, you have until 8:00 pm CST Saturday to leave your comments!
-------------------------------------------

***HAPPY SUNDAY!!!!!
On Wednesday of this past week, I attended the annual room mom meeting @ school. 
We were reminded that on October 31st we would be having a "FALL treat" and
not a Halloween party.  There are to be no ghosts, witches, etc...
So in keeping with the theme of autumn, leaves & pumpkins, 
here is my "It's Pumpkin Time" treat bag!  :) :) :)


I LOVE the MFT die-namics treat bags and boxes!!
They make little gifts and goodies so simple, quick and easy!!

Here's how I made my treat bag:
1.  I ran the paper bag treat bag die through my Big Shot 2 times with orange fizz card stock.
2.  I used Bo Bunny apple cider DP and ran it through on only the front portion of the die.
3.  I used Scor-tape to attach the 2 halves of the paper bag together and glue runner to add the front DP.
4.  I used the layered treat die to make a cut out w. orange fizz card stock for the tag base
5.  I used sour apple card stock and the circle die from the layered treat die set for the middle layer.
6.  Then I stamped a large pumpkin from the primitive pumpkins set on the sour apple layer w/ orange fizz ink.
7.  I used the last die in the layered treat tag set to cut out the white card stock &
then stamped it with orange fizz ink with the stamp from Trick or Sweet that says, "It's Pumpkin Time"
8.  I popped up all of the layers on dimensional dots and attached it to the front of my treat bag.
9.  I used the mini double dot border die with the sour apple card stock and cut it out 2 times, layered it, and attached it to the bottom for some visual interest.  

**This is Part 1 of my project and I will return with
the matching card and the treat bag filled with goodies on a later date!!**
This was a SUPER quick project because as I mentioned before, this week was a little nutty around my house!!

Here is the blog hop order & **Joni** is up next. 

**Joni**

Here are the challenges that I am entering:
Art Impressions Blog: Anything Goes
Five Simple Things: Anything Goes
Jo's Scrap Shack: Anything Goes
CAS-ual Fridays: CFC115
Fab 'n' Funky: Leaves


HAVE YOU HEARD ABOUT MY BLOG CANDY??
You can learn all about it RIGHT HERE!!
Share my blog and WIN BIG!!!
Have a great day!!   :) :) 

26 comments:

  1. Wow, awesome inspiration ! You inspire me to shop for some MFT items, lol. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning treat bag. I love the papers. Just beautiful. Have a great week. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous bag! LOVE the designer paper with the pops of that beautiful green! Stunning job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so super cute!!! I love the fabulous design and the dp is perfect!
    Happy Birthday to your daughter!!!!
    What's up with the no ghosts? lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the MFT you used. Fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful. Love the sweet colors and design. TFS.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    designsbydragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous bag, Nicole!! I can imagine all the fun around your house this weekend!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute and I am really looking forward to seeing birthday party photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a pretty card! clean and simple, love it!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness, that is an awesome treat bag. I love the colors, two of my favs. This would be great for a Halloween party! Love It!! Great Job!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you will stop by and link up at Craftin Desert Divas “Fall/Autumn” Linky Party.

    Tara
    Craftin Desert Diva's

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness! Where can I get this die to make some of these treat boxes? I love this and it's going to be such a big hit! My youngest, Ethan's school also does not want "Halloween" themed anything and they will not even be dressing up for Halloween Day. :( So much for his Mike Wizoski costume we just bought! LOL Oh well, I'm sure there will be plenty of other events to wear it at and that preschool will still be having a lot of fun events! Hope your daughter had a fun party! I know what you mean about recouping so hope you get some rest! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This treat bag is gorgeous Nicole!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great job! Who doesn't like simple and easy. The kids will love these cute bags. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super cute treat bag and I love the DP you used. Just perfect for a Fall treat party.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nicole this treat bag is adorable! I love the colors and it's nice that your school is offering a Harvest theme rather than witches/ghosts. Thanks so much for visiting my blog and your sweet comments and I look forward to creating with you this month as GDT at LRS. Have a happy day and hope your daughter's birthday wasn't too crazy for you! Laura (Crafty Lawyer)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a cute idea! And should be quick to make a bunch for the kiddos, too bad you can't incorporate Halloween but I am sure they will be tickled pink to get something so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fun little treat bag! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a great treat bag. I hope your daughter had a happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cute! And with out the typical Halloween stuff so you can use it at church preschool. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm glad your daughter's birthday party went well...you deserve a rest!!! I just love your adorable treat bag...such fabulous dies, papers, and colors!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is Super DUPER cute!
    Thank you so much for joining us at Craftin Desert Divas “Fall/Autumn“ Linky Party.
    Please stop by my blog for the Trendy Twine Giveaway!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a CUTE bag!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Craftin Desert Divas!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you so much for joining us at Craftin Desert Divas “Fall/Autumn“ Linky Party. New Linky Party
    starts Monday hope you will join us again!!

    Tara
    Craftin Desert Diva's

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to write me a note!!!
~~Nicole~~