Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Belinda Bones -- Loves Rubberstamps Halloween Challenge

Hi there!!
Welcome back to another fun Tuesday challenge with Loves Rubberstamps!!
Our theme is week is: HALLOWEEN and it's probably one of the last weeks for you to post your 
sensational Halloween crafts and cards for this season!! 
So, shake a leg...make something SPOOKY or CUTE with the theme of HALLOWEEN and 
don't forget to link up @ Loves Rubberstamps this week where we always have 
PRIZES and a lot of FUN!!!  See you there!!  :) :) :)  


I had a lot of inspiration this week for my card!!
As I was surfing the web this weekend, the lovely Kimmie from Kraftin' Kimmie posted a sketch and I saw a BINGO board at Sassy Studio that I knew would be just perfect for this fabulous image, 
The line that I chose on the BINGO board was:  Bones, Purple, Ribbon, & Bling!!
I hunted on etsy for just the right DP & found some digi papers from Prettygrafikdesign and they were 60% off so I bought 2 different sets to make my card. 

DISCLAIMER ALERT:
I want to share a little word about the coloring of what I considered to be a tutu over her tights and leotard.
The look that I was going for was the kind of tutus that my girls wear to dance class for Halloween week. We use elastic waist bands and add 2 strips of black tulle tied on, 2 strips of dark purple tulle, back to the black tulle, and so on and and so forth until the tutu is full all the way around with strips and strips of tulle.
Now only AFTER I colored this did I realize that it looks like "pleats gone wrong"
and I really regret my decision... but live and learn!!  One of my girls guessed it right away and said, that looks like my purple tutu... so I do have a consolation prize in the end... LOL!!
But... then the other said that the whole card was "too busy"!!  *Sigh*
If you would like to see my coloring of pleats that actually look like pleats... you can click HERE.
Ok, I feel a ton better after that disclaimer!!  Hee hee!!



I will be entering my card into the following challenges:
Kraftin' Kimmie Challenges: KKS #202 -- It's a Sketch!
Sassy Studio Designs: Halloween Blog Hop BINGO
Crafts 4 Eternity: Happy Halloween
Perfectly Rustics: Patterned Paper
Sweet Pea Stampers: Halloween
Make It Monday: Anything Goes
Di's Digi Designs: Halloween
Totally Gorjuss: Spooky


Thank you so much for stopping by today!! I have been buried under crafts all week in anticipation of Thursday!!
I hope that you will join me @ Loves Rubberstamps this week for the Halloween challenge!! 
So sorry, I've been a total slacker about coming around to visit this week ~~!!!
Don't worry, I will check out all of the posts that I may have missed!!
OH!!! and please pop back tomorrow... 
I will be sharing 3 FUN Halloween 
projects... yep... 3 !!!  :) :)
See you soon!!
xo

38 comments:

  1. What a lovely card.
    Love your coloring.
    Thanks for joining us in the challenge.

    Kitty
    SSD DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your coloring is gorgeous Nicole! Love the deep, rich purples! Love this image too it is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the monochrome look. Like your choice of design papers. Beautiful colouring as always. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  4. so fun halloween card Nicole, love the papers and your coloring
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful, love the colour combo and the delightful image, beautiful card, saw it onMIM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously Nicole, you are Waaaaay to hard on yourself! This card is so fun! Your coloring is Amazing, as always! I love your DP and layout! It's just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are definitely too hard on yourself Nicole, your colouring is fabulous. I love the image and such wonderful papers too.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card! For the record I thought that the tutu was purple with like a black tulle overlay, kwim? Totally did not think pleats gone wrong. It's too fab looking for that!

    You need to train your kids like I've trained mine when I show them a card. They've got all the acceptable compliments memorized now. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderful bright card.
    Thanks for joining in at Totally GOrjuss.
    Good Luck

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect Halloween card . Great image and super colouring . Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cute and the paper you used with her is perfect! Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my...what a great card. Love the stamp and your coloring. Great papers and layout! Saw a peek at Make it Monday and had to come get a better look. Glad I did!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh Nicole-you are TOO funny! Your image is so sweet and LOVE her tutu! The pleats are fabulous:) Great papers, coloring and the design is ADORABLE!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome image! I totally love her and the papers are adorable! Fangtastic

    ReplyDelete
  15. omg.. this so so pretty!!! this image is so much fun and your coloring is perfect to me Sweetie!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't see anything wrong with your colouring sweetie. The whole thing looks gorgeous to me.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. That skirt is killer! It is so awesome..your coloring is superb!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A gorgeous Halloween card.
    Thanks for joining Di's Digi Designs Challenge this time.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  19. You always do a brilliant job of showcasing the image, Nicole! This one is a total hoot and the purple and black coloring and papers are perfection! I don't know wachu talkin' 'bout, Wilson, with the pleating - it looks excellent to me!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG your coloring of Belinda is Amazing!!! The whole card is Fabulous!! Love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this Nicole - sassy and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely fun image and beautiful colours x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a fun image Nicole...lol her hip joints look like mine feel. I hate the cold weather..lol..a touch of old age would you say ... ha ha
    Gorgeous colouring and amazing papers.
    Huge Hugs Mau xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous card and image. I spotted this on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the purple and I never would have noticed anything about the tutu if you hadn't mentioned it!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a fantastic card! Love the purples! Thank you for joining us at Sassy Studio Designs for our BINGO Challenge! HUGS

    Kim
    SSD DT

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fabulous card Nicole, love the image and colours....Thanks for playing along with us at Di's Digi Designs Challenge this fortnight.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fabulous Halloween card! love the colouring :) Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Yay! This fab project made it to Totally Gorjuss! Very happy to see it entered!

    Thanks for sharing at Totally Gorjuss! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wowzers! This card is so cool! I love that image and your coloring is beautiful! Love the stitching and the DP. Hope you have a fun and safe Halloween! :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. that's a beautiful tutu however the intention, Nicole! Thanks for playing with us at KKS :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is soooo cool! Love the colors and the faux stitching is a nice touch too! Thanks for playing along with us at Kraftin Kimmie Stamps and the best of luck to you! Hope to see you again! :)

    Hugs
    xx Tracey xx
    ~KKS DT~

    ReplyDelete
  33. Cute image - and love the purple. Thanks for sharing this for The Sweet Pea Stampers Halloween challenge - hope to see more of your lovely crafting soon - Hazel, Design Team x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Seriously...do you ever sleep? Your cards are simply amazing and this one is no exception! I love all the purple and those bones, just too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love all the layers and colours on your card. Thanks for joining us at Perfectly Rustics.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Great card, your use of three different patterned papers is a wonderful effect, the stitching adds that extra touch. Thank you so much for joining us at Perfectly Rustics.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Great card! Love the colours you picked. The purple is so vibrant. Thanks for joining the Sweet Pea Stampers and good luck!
    'Shell
    http://shellscardhaven.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to write me a note!!!
~~Nicole~~