Friday, November 15, 2013

Merry Everything -- YNS Fun Friday


Hi there!!
My blog has hit the 7 month mark today!!
Yippeee!!! I thought that I would make some fun
improvements to my blog so I am going to try to add more interactive 
features, some tutes, and all of my products are listed down below in a new format!!
I hope that you find this feature helpful as it will take you straight to whatever shop I purchased my 
crafting items from and then if the product is still available, you can purchase it there, as well. :) :) :) :) :) 

Today I have a card for the YNS Inspiration "FUN FRIDAY" over on the challenge blog!!
My card features one of the new digis called, "Christmas Pudding"  (Something my lovely UK friends enjoy!!)
I had to google it as I had no idea what that was... oh, plum pudding?  Yes, I actually have heard of plum pudding 
... and there aren't any actual plums in it, but rather raisins & a whole bunch of liquor for flambé!!  LOL!!  :) :)
I learned a lot on Wikipedia and now feel like a bit of an expert, feel free to ask me anything!!
Ok, not really... no quizzes about the type of cloth that is used to ferment!! ;) ;) 



I'm in a super good mood today as I write this (Thurs) because my younger daughter FINALLY went back 
to school today after being home for 9 straight days!!!  I don't know who was about to lose 
their mind first, but it was about to get pretty ugly at this house if we had to hang out 
together for one more day!!  Don't get me wrong, she's my youngest and exactly 
like me.... *EXACTLY*... so it can get pretty difficult to entertain 2 of me
all day long for that many days... I get sick of myself after about 4!! ;)

Ok, back to today's card...
Here are the 2 options on the challenge blog this month: 

You can use the sketch which is what I have done or you can use the inspiration pic.
or... you can get very creative and use both for a stunning crafty fusion!!
I hope that you will consider playing along with us this month!!
Karen really amped up the prize and it's AWESOME!!

Shall we talk for a moment about FUR??!
I have received several emails over the past 2 days 
in regards to coloring fur and the major panic that sets in 
when a person realizes that they must color an image with fur!!
I am happy to share that I was in that same boat only a few weeks ago...
After this little discovery I stopped worrying about it and I am going to pass it 
on to you right now.  What I figured out after watching some tutorials on You Tube is:
When it comes to coloring fur: the messier you are with your strokes the better it will be!! :) :) 

Here are the colors that I used for my card.
I use both shin-han touch brush markers (white case)
and mix them amongst my copics for some added depth of color.

I am entering my card into the following challenges:
Crafty Little Fairies: Top of the Pops "We Wish You a Merry Christmas"
Through the Purple Haze Challenge: Winter Scene with an Animal 
Sparkles Christmas Challenge: Have a Beary Christmas
Crafting by Design: Anything Goes with Christmas
ABC Christmas Challenge: W for Winter Wishes
Digi Sketch Challenge: All for the Animals
Inky Impressions: #134 Red and Green
My Heart Pieces: Use Red and Green
Make It Monday: Anything Goes


Here are the products that I have used on my card:



I hope to catch up with all of you this weekend!!
See you soon!!  xo

51 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Nicole...fantastic colouring on your gorgeous Christmas Bear..love your card.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Make it Monday..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. With my DT hat off I want to thank you for being my 400th follower Nicole..thrilled to have you here and I'm following you too..looked for the follow button when I was here before but couldn't find it..found it now!!

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoy visiting your blog Nicole! Your card is gorgeous, such an adorable image. The way you have coloured his fur looks fabulous and I also love the glow around the candle. Gorgeous papers and wonderful layout too.
    I am pleased that your daughter is feeling better now. I am similar in personality to my youngest daughter so I know how you feel!
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, beautifully coloured again, Nicole! Love those papers with that sweet bear too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just adore your card, its lovely the wee bear makes you smile too.

    fiona DT
    TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable card, Nicole, love how you colored the fur.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome job of coloring!! I know what you mean about your daughter--mine s exactly like me too....which is not always a good thing..eek!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so adorable. Your colouring and layout is awesome. You made me laugh with your write up. I don't think I could have a daughter exactly like me. One of me to put up with is enough. Lol!!!

    Have a great weekend.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darling! That fur looks so real, great tip with the messy strokes, I'll have to give it a try. I'm actually trying to get a card done to combine with YNS challenge and another one....I've been super busy with some other responsibilities though (boo, hiss) but hope after this weekend to have more time! Always love your coloring and the way you put your cards together! Have a great and fabulous Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nicole...this is just so stinkin' sweet! As always your coloring is stunning, what a fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. this i fab love your colouring and i love christmas pudding but am not allowed it anymore. basicly a christmas cake. never had plum pudding

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love his fur! Nicole this is very cute and I love super good mood posts. :)
    Have an awesome day...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card, love the image and layout. Thank you for joining us at My Heart Pieces Challenge. Marlene DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. And that fur is perfect! Great choice of song! Super gorgeous card hun, thanks so much for sharing with us at Crafty Little Fairies this week. Hugs Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is just an adorably cute card! Love the way you colored the fur! I can feel the fuzziness! Great job! Thanks for joining us this week at Through the Purple Haze Challenges!!
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Saw your gorgeous card at MIM! Boy you made me smile with your story about your daughter. I'm in the same boat with my 6 year old. Love her to death....for short periods of time LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  17. this is a fabulous card with a stunning coloring!! this bear is so cute!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the fur, it looks fabulous! And I hope you aren't serving anything "flambé" for xmas!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your coloring on this image. Amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cay-Yout! I love the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful FUN card ... awesome coloring and layout!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful! Great layout, image and coloring. Thanks for playing along with Inky Impressions Challenge! Looking forward to seeing your creations at our next challenge. ♥ Jamie at CraftyGirl21

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is brilliant, great colouring.
    Thank you for joining us over in "Through the purple haze" good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  24. this is a fabulous creation love the colours and the image just beautiful
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi girl! How are you? Enjoying the weekend? I hope you are! :)
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me such a nice comment. Got me in a good mood. :D
    Congrats on 7 months blogaversary. :D Wishing you many more crafty months ahead. He he.
    I like how bright your card is. So festive and cheerful (I almost feel like starting to sing "tis the season to be jolly ..." lol) and yummy - now, who wouldn't want to try some yummy Christmas pudding?! I know I would!!! Awesome work! Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. fab card, your colouring is wonderful. I especially love the fur. Thanks for playing along at
    Through The Purple Haze Challenges
    Hugs, Teresa DT
    Ceesa's Card Creations

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous traditional colour scheme and your bear has so much fabulous texture - great tip on colouring fur! I'm glad your daughter is better and hope you are enjoying the peace and quiet!
    Big hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Adorable card Nicole! Love the way you colored the cute image! The bear looks like he is fuzzy! So cool! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  29. fab fab card! love your texture coloring and papers
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  30. so cute Nicole, love the colouring!
    this is Great!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Nicole this card is ADORABLE! TFS>
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hello again Nicole.
    So pleased to pop back for another look at your gorgeous card so that I can say a big thank you to you taking part in the Crafty Little Fairies Challenge this week
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. FABULOUS card Nicole!! Wowzers girl...you certainly know how to color!!! I love the sweet image and awesome design:)
    So glad your daughter is feeling better....9 days is a long time to be home sick..yuk! No fun for anyone-glad that is behind you!
    Have a great evening!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is such a fun and super cute Christmas Card Nicole! I love love your coloring and the papers match perfectly! Hope you're having a wonderful weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Such a sweet card Nicole. I love the cute image. Love the way you have added texture to the bear. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  36. Gorgeous. Love the design with the strong colours and sewing. Thanks for playing at Digi Sketch Challenge and ABC Christmas Challenge and good luck. Hope to see you back monday and next wednesday for some new challenges. Bettina DT Member at Digi Sketch Challenge and DT Member at ABC Christmas Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love, love, LOVE the fur! You aced that lesson girl. Super adorable card. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wow!! You are a master at coloring!! The fur is amazing! The whole card is just ADORABLE!! Beautiful work!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. this is gorgeous! love the bright colours x

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hi, Oh soooo cute is your card and thank you for joining in our challenge at "Sparkles Christmas Challenge " Have a beary Christmas" good luck and hope to see you again next time Dt Member Sandra H xx

    ReplyDelete
  41. He is super cute Nicole! Beautiful coloring and texturizing. Congratulations on your 7 month mark!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Love your coloring Nicole (as always) and the texture on this bear is fab. :) Such a cute Christmas card! So glad you started blogging and sharing your crafty adventures. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  43. Sorry been missing sweetie, a hectic weekend and not looking like its getting any better for a couple of days. So Happy to hear our little poppet is well enough to go back to school.
    This is a totally adorable card Nicole, Beautiful colouring, and yes this UK lady loves Christmas pud too.... and sweet Mince pies...and Christmas cake ... and....OK you get the picture...lol
    Huge Hugs Mau xx

    ReplyDelete
  44. WOW - your card is fabulous and colouring is amazing! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and leave me some comments on my blog. I thought I had better come take a look at yours and it's fabulous! I am your newest follower :-) have a great week.

    http://karonskraftykorner.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  45. Well done with the figgy pudding, Nicole! No, wait, plum pudding! It sounds pretty good to me with all the liquid ingredients in it, hee!

    You are just sky-rocketing with your blog - look at all these comments!!! Your post was funny, too, about your daughter being home and driving you crazy! Your honesty is refreshing. But, seriously, I hope she stays well and that you don't catch whatever it was! Take care! Oh, I nearly forgot, excellent job on the fur!!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  46. OMG...this is sooo cute, Nicole!!! The image is adorable and your coloring is gorgeous, as always!!! The bears fur looks real!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  47. This is so adorable my friend, you got crazy mad coloring skills!! You made such a beautiful card with a fabulous digi❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  48. Beautiful colouring on your bear.
    Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at the ABC Christmas Challenge.
    Hugs
    Annette - Netty's Cards
    Proud to design for :
    ABC Christmas Challenge,
    As You Like It Challenge,
    Top Tip Tuesday,
    Pink Gem Designs,
    The Stamp Basket, and
    Stamp Fairy.
     

    ReplyDelete
  49. Fabulous card so bright and colourful! Thanks for Playing along with us this time at ABC Christmas Challenge, hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  50. What a gorgeous card - love how you coloured the image and the fur looks fantastic. Congratulations on being one of the winners over at the ABC Christmas Challenge - W for Winter Wishes - that's awesome!

    Jocelyn
    Instead of Ironing Blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  51. Wow superb colouring and layout, absolutely stunning creation :)

    Thank you so much for joining us at
    Without Words Challenge I Hope you will try to join us again :)
    Have a lovely day
    Crafty hugs
    Bridget :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to write me a note!!!
~~Nicole~~