Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Love. -- Color Throwdown Guest Designer for February

Dear Friends,
I'm so sorry that
I haven't been around...
Remember last Wednesday
when I said that the girls had been
sick, but the stomach FLU had luckily
passed me by?!?!!?  Well, on Friday, I wasn't
so lucky anymore and by about 5:30/6:00pm, I was
really, really starting to notice that something was wrong.
My poor hubby spent his "do-over birthday" taking care of me!!

I am super happy to announce that I am the Guest Designer
for the Color Throwdown this month!!  :) :)  9 months ago, when I
started my blog, the Color Throwdown was the very first challenge that
I played in and I have been loving this weekly color challenge ever since!!
When Lori asked me in December I was so thrilled & honored to join in the fun!!




When I saw the sweet and yummy colors
I knew right away that I wanted to stamp some
doilies all over in white... But, after being super sick, 
I was really happy to find this sheet of DP in one of my V-day
paper stacks!!  Talk about quick and easy!!  Woot!!! Woot!!!  :) :)

This card reminds me of this:  LOVE. (period) 
That giant yummy button is supposed to represent 
a yummy cherry lifesaver!!  :) :)  The candy that I have
handed out year after year as a kindergarten teacher!!  :) :) 
Those giant Valentine lollipops are my absolute FAVE. 

My card is SUPER SIMPLE ~~ clean and quick 
because it was made today and due today!!
I hope that by the time you are reading
this on WEDNESDAY that I am 
back to my old self and 
visiting all of you!!! 
HUGS!! :) :) 



Let's go check out what the other
ladies have made with these sweet colors!!

The Color Throwdown Ladies:
Wanda Cullen 

I plan on catching up with all of you
and sharing some really funny things that 
happened to me between Wednesday and Friday.
Can't wait to catch up on your blogs!!  See you soon!!   xo 


28 comments:

  1. Oh dear Nicole, I am sorry to hear that you have been so unwell. I hope you are starting to feel better now.
    Congrats on your GDT spot. Your card is gorgeous, a really pretty and elegant design.
    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear friend, I am so sorry you've come down with that nasty bug... I pray you are growing stronger and healthier every day and that you are back to sparkly self today. Congratulations on your well-deserved Guest Designer position! What a thrill! You will be such a blessing to them. :o) In fact, you already are! This card emits pure sweet love, from the doily background, to the whimsical heart-enveloped love, to the cherry lifesaver bursting with even more LOVE! :o) I adore it and I hope you do, too! Have a happy day, Nicole! **hugs!**

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty Nicole. Love the green die-cut on top of the pretty paper. Congrats on being the February GD. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited you're joining us this month, Nicole! I love this sweet design. The pretty patterned paper is a perfect backdrop for the heart die. Hope you're feeling better today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy to hear you've joined them Nicole! But sad on the other hand because you're now sick :-( Hope you're feeling way much better now. If not, do rest and get drink lots of fluids.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so hope your feeling better...I need to catch up to your collection of dies and fast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear you have been poorly but glad you are back in the fold. This is an awesome creation sweetie. Congrats on your GDT slot.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous clean and simple card Nicole..very effective..and so sorry your were struck down with a nasty bug...hope you are feeling better now..

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. fab card Nicole, congrats on this GDT
    hope you feel better ;)
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aaaw, so sorry to hear you've been sick! It is going around our household to! Yuk! Feel better soon:) Your card is awesome! Clean, simple and adorable!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so sorry to hear you came down with the bug as well and I really hope you are all better now. I'm impressed you made anything whilst ill but especially this GORGEOUS card! You have used all the colours so beautifully together with the different elements and that big shiny red button is so yummy...I just want to eat it!
    Take care and big hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you are soon feeling better Nicole, these nasty bugs have a tend to do the rounds - just keep them away from me lol :)
    Gorgeous card love the die. Take care x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely sweet and cas design!
    Feel better soon hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty take on the Color Challenge Nicole! So excited to have you joining us this month.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so sorry you have been ill, Nicole...hope you are better soon!!!! Your card is beautiful....such a wonderful CAS design especially with that awesome sentiment die...I sooo need one of those!!!! I'm so glad you will be joining us this month as our Guest Designer....you do such lovely work!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So sorry you've been sick, Nicole! But so glad you're better and playing along with us this month! Love your take on this week's colors--that background is perfect for framing the heart!

    ReplyDelete
  17. that is very pretty Nicole!! clean, simple and elegant! love it!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning card, I love the style! Hope you are feeling better.
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hope you're feeling much better sweetie. I've had a bit of a set back myself. Guess I better get used to the roller coaster. Sigh..... Your CAS card just screams love and Valentine's. Congrats on your guestie spot. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  20. A very elegant yet modern card - love it Nicole!

    Being ill certainly doesn't effect your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Simply wonderful Nicole! Congrats on your GDT gig! Hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm running behind on commenting this week, but I'm so thrilled you are joining us this month at CTD! Love the clean, simple design and lacy BG! Hope you're feeling 100% by this time! I'm holding my breath after assessing and treating so many sick students where I work! Usually Feb. is the month that kicks my butt with illness.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulous card Nicole...and no coloring either. You totally rocked this color combination sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  24. awwww hun get well soon! And congrats on your GDT spot! :) This is such and elegant and chic card. I think it looks fantastic! Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. I LOVE your sweet card.
    What a beauty.
    {doing a little blog catch-up}
    Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fun background and LOVE the big die....Thxs for joining us this month...wonderful to have you!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congrats on your guest design team spot on the color throwdown. So sorry the stomach flu swept through your house and caught you too. That is the worst, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to write me a note!!!
~~Nicole~~